House Price Crash Forum
talksalot81

More Mse Madness

We all know that MSE is a little bit silly but this discussion is getting a touch silly! We have a guy on there who is convinced that prices are OK and that the banks are taking some vendetta against us to stop us buying houses... have a laugh at this...

MSE madness

Edit... ok, something is up with the link.... it wont play ball!

Edited by talksalot81

we had a timeout on Friday evening and since then all quotes and links are broken. Hopefully this will be sorted tomorrow

That thread just proves that so many people have no financial savvy

The thing that really worries me is that the chief protagonist is worse than lacking in knowledge. He seems to have a bit but has totally misinterpreted the data. He is the sort of guy who will convince people that now is a good time to buy and lead people into trouble which they would otherwise not encounter.

ps the links/quotes are odd.... old code seems to be fine!

Edited by talksalot81

Priceless.

"I've spent £335,000 on my house, so it's worth that AT LEAST"

Err...... brace yourself for some bad news.

I am one of the posters trying to get him to see sense. Doesn't look like its working :(

So was I at the beginning, but that one does appear to be a lost cause. Some of them just can't see sense, debating with that one just seemed to be pointless in the end :(

There are some sensible ones over there also tho ! :)

It is interesting to look back. I was on there (this username) many years back and I called top in late '06. Presented a whole load of good fundamental arguments and was met with total denial and total unwillingness to discuss the points (If I recall, the poster in question wasnt the worst and did actually agree that prices were silly - eventually). I was actually hounded out because of my views and some people were downright nasty! It was all quiet for a while but there is a relatively recent increase in bullish opinion. I have no idea why... I presume that, in the absence of any real recovery, it means that people are starting to get a bit desperate and are making their views public in the hope that they can convince someone that they are not dillusional!