House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Halifax December Figures Tomorrow

Where was it confirmed?

Forex Factory and many other similar sites. Normally they say the release date is "tentative" until it really is set in stone. They only give the time when it's confirmed too.

Given that the November figure was just down 0.1% and we've had all the snow etc since then, I'm hoping for something greater than down half a percent this time...

Nah - it'll be +0.3%

seasonal adjustment, innit...

Forexfactory has it as a firm 8am, but being the halifax that could always change-as in it'll be thursday just to remind the MPC of who thier masters are and that they mustn't raise rates.

Edited by zebbedee

Given that the November figure was just down 0.1% and we've had all the snow etc since then, I'm hoping for something greater than down half a percent this time...

Why?

If there were fewer sales there is more chance of a skewed figure.

I'm watching this one with interest.

me too, will be interesting to see the gloss that the BBC put on the figures :blink:

I'll be watching this as has already been mention the figure will skewed by both a small sample and the now critical needed to attempt to manage the market. I'd like to think that the MPC wouldn't be influenced by the lobbying of a few vested interests but I'd need to be proved wrong otherwise.

My guess is that it'll be marginally down but they'll "spin" it as positive when considered against the abnormal effect of the weather, low temperatures, snow, or the direction of the wind. Their difficulty will be to find a way to avoid contradicting the low number of transactions whilst still trying to predict a positive outlook, should be interesting.

quote - 'fellow'

If the figures are out tomorrow, it will be a positive figure. Otherwise they will be out on Thursday.

Yeah, I tend to agree with this :(

Edited by Pauly_Boy

If the figures are out tomorrow, it will be a positive figure. Otherwise they will be out on Thursday.

I think so. ****** all must have sold in December save for some expensive house and there's your increase.

Lots of you like to make a prediction before results like this are published, something I have not tried before so here goes: +46%.