House Price Crash Forum
or in excess of

David Chaytor`s Mates

To hear Labour luvvie Barry Sheerman on the news singing David Chaytor`s praises, you would have thought he was the new messiah. Absolutely sickening. What Chaytor did was indefensible, and i hope the people of Huddersfield remember what Sheerman said come the next election.

To hear Labour luvvie Barry Sheerman on the news singing David Chaytor`s praises, you would have thought he was the new messiah. Absolutely sickening. What Chaytor did was indefensible, and i hope the people of Huddersfield remember what Sheerman said come the next election.

What did he say?

What did he say?

He said anyone who knew him, would know what a fine, upstanding fellow he was, and that if a list was compiled for likely suspects to carry out this fraud, he would NOT be on it. This really has wound me up more than the offence itself. I`m going for a lie down.

Edited by or in excess of

Caught this on the 10 o'clock news. Lots' of MPs talking about Chaytor's integrity; what a great guy with such high levels on integrity Don't they understand he has been found guilty in a court of law of claiming £20k worth of false expenses?

Makes them all look a bit easily led, and like people who judge things superficially, although after the Iraq war, and the dodgy dossier, I'm not really surprised.

It should have been 18 years not 18 months.

The rest of them think this has all gone away. They need to be reminded of it every time they voice any opinion, since they are all tainted by this.

Saying round my way "If you you sit near shit you smell of shit"

Gobsmacked that anyone could be found to comment. If i was one of his family I'd wish a big hole would open up so I could disappear.

Just goes to show that MPs still have no idea what the general public think of them. They are lowlife and I'm looking forward to the next time one knocks on my door.

Edited by chicker

the tories were in similar dissarray in 1997 , refusing to believe they had legitimately been dumped from power. Until and unless Labour understand their own corruption they will be unelectable for a similar period of time.

Not going to happen - Huddersfield is one of those northern constituencies where the idiot electorate would vote for a turd with a red rosette. Sheerman has more votes than the other candidates put together.

Westminster needs to be cleared out regularly. One of the main problems as I see it is that there are too many long-standing MPs who get re-elected to safe seats election after election.

I'm of the opinion that MPs should have a 2 term limit and then have to step down at the next GE for a period of at least 5 years. You could possibly allow them to run for a third term if the MP has reached the level of senior cabinet minister at the end of his second term.

Having a 5+ year break would allow the MP to see how the world actually works. I.e. you have to pay for your house and travel out of your wages.

. Until and unless Labour understand their own corruption they will be unelectable for a similar period of time.

We have a good test coming up with the Oldham by-election.

I suspect Labour will win it but it'll be very close again.

It'll be the tuition fees that have done it for libdems.

We have a good test coming up with the Oldham by-election.

I suspect Labour will win it but it'll be very close again.

It'll be the tuition fees that have done it for libdems.

maybe the bnp will win it.

didint the bnp have 5 councillors there at one time on the council, the official opposition. I could see them getting elected there, lot of support in oldham

It should have been 18 years not 18 months.

The rest of them think this has all gone away. They need to be reminded of it every time they voice any opinion, since they are all tainted by this.

yes, an example should have been set....but of course, one was.

Caught this on the 10 o'clock news. Lots' of MPs talking about Chaytor's integrity; what a great guy with such high levels on integrity Don't they understand he has been found guilty in a court of law of claiming £20k worth of false expenses?

Makes them all look a bit easily led, and like people who judge things superficially, although after the Iraq war, and the dodgy dossier, I'm not really surprised.

...it proves these people have no ethics....all politicians should have to pass an ethics test before being accepted for nomination ....this is more important than degrees in politics, philosophy and economics which don't seem to help too much..... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

...it proves these people have no ethics....all politicians should have to pass an ethics test before being accepted for nomination ....this is more important than degrees in politics, philosophy and economics which don't seem to help too much..... :rolleyes:

...agree, some of them are not fit for purpose. ;)