House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AvidFan

Blanchflower: Boe Must Sit On Hands Re. Interest Rates

Given up trying to post the link - what's happened to link insertion on HPC??? I'm cutting and pasting the link and inserting a link via the icon - nothing works. Just paste the whole thing between the thingies on the first link into your browser...

Edited by AvidFan

Blanchflower can go f*ck himself with a rusty pitchfork for all I care.

he probably did that already.

Blanchflower can go f*ck himself with a rusty pitchfork for all I care.

His wife seems to have preferred a variation on the theme ....

It's like his Guardian article from a few months ago, which to sum up, was, 'keep interest rates low and inflate our way out of problems to prevent house prices dropping'.

The article itself was poor, but it was his tone that really got to me, he was addressing readers as though they were all homeowners who would hate the idea of house prices dropping, assuming they were as economically illiterate as he clearly is.

Sorry for ranting.

It's like his Guardian article from a few months ago, which to sum up, was, 'keep interest rates low and inflate our way out of problems to prevent house prices dropping'.

The article itself was poor, but it was his tone that really got to me, he was addressing readers as though they were all homeowners who would hate the idea of house prices dropping, assuming they were as economically illiterate as he clearly is.

Sorry for ranting.

Rant on, you make sense.

So he was on the MPC but isn't now and is a lecturer. I think its the smirk at the very beginning that says it all. I can see why he was removed from the MPC as he'd have nothing to offer them. I'll now keep an eye on him as this year opens out, should be interesting to see how he tries to explain away what transpires.

Sorry for ranting.

have you not realised you're in a minority yet?

It is pretty clear that economic decline is being managed relative to house prices. INFLATION IS THE POLICY.

So FFS get out of cash.

Am ringing the bell for shares with UK earnings right here even amidst a significant recovery. Just for the inflation in value relative to flatlining House prices.

not sure about gold that being a global market, not dissing just not a rabid gold bug and sure someone else will bang that drum.

If you do buy a house, pare down the deposit as far as possible.

STRANGE DAYS.

Given up trying to post the link - what's happened to link insertion on HPC??? I'm cutting and pasting the link and inserting a link via the icon - nothing works. Just paste the whole thing between the thingies on the first link into your browser...

Is this the link?

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/65724344/

I couldn't watch the video all the way through - I had to switch it off.

I cant stand the kunt.

These so called experts still don't get it do they?

Society is going to change and is changing.

No more borrowing money to buy crap & consumer products we don't need.

I will be sitting on my hands, not going out to waste my money to buy sh1t I don't need.

W@nkflower is just a stool and an agent for the USA.

Edited by trekking

David Blanchflower wasn't even resident in the UK when appointed to the MPC. Although I'm sure all members live in somewhat of a bubble, it is hard to take his assessment of the UK economy seriously when he lives overseas and attended a number of meetings by conference call.

nonsense...all these guys need are the figures....they couldnt care less about reality...and that applies to ALL bankers.