House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruffneck

Do You Own Physical Precious Metals?

No.

By the time you need gold to buy food with you'll need a lot of guns to protect you and your gold.

Buy guns not gold.

I have read on here someone saying how much money they've made by buying gold. Well in the same way as house prices going up don't actually mean you are richer, owning more gold doesn't mean you're richer. It just means you have the potential for being richer.

No.

By the time you need gold to buy food with you'll need a lot of guns to protect you and your gold.

Buy guns not gold.

When TSHTF there are two strategies, to bunker up, or to shove the gold up your bum and pretend to be destroyed like everybody else. Then you try get OUT of the country or keep your gold until the reset. THEN change it back into the paper money.

The other method is bunkering up. When TSHTF I'll go to Jon's house (Jon is currently in Korea) and take his shotguns and ammo. Since there are 5 other clay piegeon shooters on this street alone this street will be a fortress. BMW man has lots of ammo.

No.

Buy guns not gold.

I have read on here someone saying how much money they've made by buying gold. Well in the same way as house prices going up don't actually mean you are richer, owning more gold doesn't mean you're richer. It just means you have the potential for being richer.

firstly, it is not for buying food. It is an insurance policy against meltdown and protects some of your wealth. It is seed money for once the worst has passed and likely best spent on land. Anyone who has to use their gold during the worst times was not prepared and waisted the opportunity that their gold could have been. It is not for spending during a crash unless desperately needed.

secondly, no one gets richer. No one has the potential to be richer holding gold. What they do have is the insurance not to be poorer. Broadly speaking gold only rises in fiat terms as the value of said paper depreciates for various reasons. £100 cash now may only buy £50 worth of goods in 10 years but £100 spent on gold now should be able to buy £100 worth of goods still in 10 years since it will mostly have been fiat depreciation against gold that has taken place.

I tend to think of gold as a floating currency but with the added advantage of insuring us against inflation, deflation and currency collapse.

No.

Buy guns not gold.

bang on the money.... when tshtf the guys with the guns will be collecting your gold ! dont you watch any post apocalyptic films ? the survivors all always the ones without gold but guns and beans, collecting the spoils from your dead hands :D ...thats me with my air rifle,catapult and food foraging expertise :D

I bought three gold sovereigns a couple of years back when HPC scared me enough to hedge against hyperinflation! Bought them for about £130 each, went to sell them on ebay a few months back and the cheeky b@stards wanted a 20% cut! Fvck that.

Luckily a guy at work became obsessed with gold so I dropped a couple of hints and ended up selling them for about £180 each. He was happy because this was BMV and I was happy to get shot of them.

Still got 20 1 ounce silver coins left though, would probably sell them if I could get my money back, (hint hint)

I bought three gold sovereigns a couple of years back when HPC scared me enough to hedge against hyperinflation! Bought them for about £130 each, went to sell them on ebay a few months back and the cheeky b@stards wanted a 20% cut! Fvck that.

Luckily a guy at work became obsessed with gold so I dropped a couple of hints and ended up selling them for about £180 each. He was happy because this was BMV and I was happy to get shot of them.

Still got 20 1 ounce silver coins left though, would probably sell them if I could get my money back, (hint hint)

Post that in the gold forum and you'll have TFH nutters queueing round the block to collect.

what do you want for them?