House Price Crash Forum

David Chaytor Gets 18 Months In Prison

HOLA441

You'vr had you're sacrificial lamb, now shut up and bugger off. :rolleyes:

Agreed, bread and circuses to appease the mob.

The whole damn lot should be up for treason with heads on spikes on London bridge, for selling out the British economy and playing the property market when they should have been defending our interests, against the robber barons in the City.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Ex Labour MP David Chaytor has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for expenses fraud and false accounting.

He was claiming rent on properties owned by himself and his late mother.

A plea of stupidity!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/david-cameron/8246844/David-Chaytor-a-hollow-man-watching-his-own-destruction.html

"According to Mr Sturman, Chaytor was “a man who worked frankly almost every hour he could, often for the public good”, but had behaved with “inexplicable stupidity” by submitting fraudulent expenses claims.

Mr Justice Saunders declined to accept this plea of stupidity. The judge said of Chaytor: “He is an intelligent man and it was no easier to make a dishonest claim than an honest one.” "

Did he not tell his constituents he was stupid :blink:

HOLA444

There's about 50+ that should be going to prison. Just this one isn't enough.

He is the "token" fall guy for ALL the rest.

The public are satisfied and its back to biz as usual.

They need to clap one token Bankster in irons also while they are at it to please the mob.

HOLA445
HOLA446

How these two got away with it I don't know. Claim each others homes as their second homes.

"Andrew MacKay and Julie Kirkbride Husband and wife MPs claim on each other's expenses"

and the ones that claimed mortgage interest for property that had no mortgage.............

Both cases are clearly dishonest without any thinking about it......

but people seemed more outraged by moats, which might be a morallly wrong, but not illegal like the above......

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

How long is 18 months in real money? ;)

7 months in prison probably 2 months in a B cat until the heat dies down, then 5 months in a d cat

2 months at home with an electronic flea collar

4 1/2 months visiting a probation office once per week

4 1/2 month until 'end of sentence'

HOLA4411

Now they can start locking up the bent County and District Councillors, the bent Planning "Officers", the bent Procurement "Officers" and the bent Housing" Officers in Local Government.

I suggest they make a start in East Herts District Council which is riddled from the top down.

Previous Police investigations in 1980 resulted in arrests.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Sentence seems about fair to me, but as mentioned earlier, Udin and Moran who should be going to the gallows.

Chaytor could be out by May[/i]!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20110107/tuk-chaytor-jailed-over-false-expenses-6323e80.html

It's hardly worth getting John Lewis to deliver the furnishings he ordered for his cell!

Edited by juvenal

HOLA4414

Now they can start locking up the bent County and District Councillors, the bent Planning "Officers", the bent Procurement "Officers" and the bent Housing" Officers in Local Government.

I suggest they make a start in East Herts District Council which is riddled from the top down.

Previous Police investigations in 1980 resulted in arrests.

Its the same on the Isle of Wight allegedly. Regularly featured in Private Eye rotten boroughs. No worse or better than elsewhere I suppose. Who knows,...... Sigh

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Its the same on the Isle of Wight allegedly. Regularly featured in Private Eye rotten boroughs. No worse or better than elsewhere I suppose. Who knows,...... Sigh

I will be undertaking a few Freedom of Info requests to the Isle of Wight council regarding building control and sign offs.

There are so many bad developments, I suspect there is a pattern emerging within the planning dept.

Something is needed to explain why the Island is the countries foremost area for huge development projects.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

"The whole damn lot should be up for treason with heads on spikes on London bridge, for selling out the British economy and playing the property market when they should have been defending our interests, against the robber barons in the City."

Excellent post

Sky News Newspaper review of tomorrow`s papers, one reviewer said, David Chaytor should have got Community Service. :rolleyes:

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Agreed, bread and circuses to appease the mob.

The whole damn lot should be up for treason with heads on spikes on London Bridge, for selling out the British economy and playing the property market when they should have been defending our interests, against the robber barons in the City.

I believe it goes much deeper than that Sir John.

It is a recognised fact that it is never a good time to raise an MPs pay. As a result their pay level has not been maintained.

MPs do have legitimate expenses and live a lifestyle that is more costly due to their job. In my view, pay them the wage and they claim for nothing.

If housing close to Westminster is an issue then the gov't should buy a hotel or build some flats. Fixed.

But, and this is the crux, has this situation been allowed to happen for nefarious reasons? A very laxly regulated expenses system for an under paid job in an expensive environment looks like it has been designed to catch people out. Adam Afriyie, the member for Windsor, brought this issue up in the House last week, making the point that being an MP is becoming a rich mans sport.

Now though we've had our first example made (Chayter), but for who's benefit?

We have a House full of MPs that are shitting themselves about claiming for a tin of dog food, tampons, condoms right up to the real crooks claiming for second homes and the like.

The whole house, with the exception of the well to do, is compromised. that can't be good. :ph34r: