House Price Crash Forum

Desperation Setting In? This Is New Today

HOLA441

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29213597.html?premiumA=true

it says

NO FORWARD CHAIN!! QUICK SALE WANTED!! STAMP SUTY PAID!! £2,000 CASHBACK ON COMPLETION!! PART EXCHANGED CONSIDERED ON A SMALLER PROPERTY UPTO £135,000!! Spacious, Extended Detached House Offering Good Size Family Accommodation, Situated In A CUL-DE-SAC Location.

HOLA442

It went on the market at £269,995 in April 2010, so that's £30K off the asking price too.

05 January 2011

* Brief Description changed: NO ... FORWARD CHAIN!! QUICK SALE WANTED!! STAMP SUTY PAID!! £2,000 CASHBACK ON COMPLETION!! PART EXCHANGED CONSIDERED ON A SMALLER PROPERTY UPTO £135,000!! Spacious, Extended Detached House Offering Good Size Family Accommodation, Situated In A CUL-DE-SAC Location. WITHIN 3/4 MILE FROM SITTINGBOURNE TOWN CENTRE AND MAINLINE STATION, Location.... [Found by n/a]

* Price changed: from '£249,950' to '£239,950' [Found by n/a]

27 October 2010

* Status changed: from 'No Chain' to 'Part Exchange' [Found by n/a]

19 September 2010

* Brief Description changed: THE VENDORS HAVE INDICATED A STAMP SUTY PAID!! £2,000 CASHBACK ON COMPLETION!! PART EXCHANGE FOR EXCHANGED CONSIDERED ON A SMALLER PROPERTY WOULD BE CONSIDERED!! UPTO £135,000!! Spacious, Extended Detached House Offering Good Size Family Accommodation, Situated In A CUL-DE-SAC Location. WITHIN 3/4 MILE FROM SITTINGBOURNE TOWN CENTRE AND MAINLINE STATION, NO FORWARD CHAIN!!!... ... [Found by n/a]

* Price changed: from '£240,000' to '£249,950' [Found by n/a]

04 September 2010

* Brief Description changed: THE VENDORS HAVE INDICATED A PART EXCHANGE FOR A SMALLER PROPERTY WOULD BE CONSIDERED!! Spacious, Extended Detached House Offering Good Size Family Accommodation, Situated In A CUL-DE-SAC Location. WITHIN 3/4 MILE FROM SITTINGBOURNE TOWN CENTRE AND MAINLINE STATION, NO FORWARD CHAIN!!!... [Found by n/a]

17 June 2010

* Price changed: from '£250,000' to '£240,000' [Found by n/a]

30 April 2010

* Status changed: from 'Stamp Duty Paid' to 'No Chain' [Found by n/a]

29 April 2010

* Brief Description changed: Spacious, Extended Detached House Offering Good Size Family Accommodation, Situated In A CUL-DE-SAC Location. WITHIN 3/4 MILE FROM SITTINGBOURNE TOWN CENTRE AND MAINLINE STATION, NO FORWARD CHAIN!!!... [Found by n/a]

* Price changed: from '£269,995' to '£250,000' [Found by n/a]

13 April 2010

* Brief Description changed: THE VENDOR WILL PAY 2% THE STAMP DUTY!!! DUTY (AT THE ASKING PRICE) Spacious, Extended Detached House Offering Good Size Family Accommodation, Situated In A CUL-DE-SAC Location. WITHIN 3/4 MILE FROM SITTINGBOURNE TOWN CENTRE AND MAINLINE STATION, NO FORWARD CHAIN!!!... [Found by n/a]

* Status changed: from 'Premium Listing' to 'Stamp Duty Paid' [Found by n/a]

07 April 2010

* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Premium Listing' [Found by n/a]

01 April 2010

* Initial entry found. [Found by n/a]

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

'PART EXCHANGED CONSIDERED ON A SMALLER PROPERTY UPTO £135,000!! '

Moving from a '240k house' to a '135k house' is quite a drop - sounds like the seller, due to a change in life circumstances and/or a dawning realisation of their financial situation, has decided he/she can no longer afford a huge mortgage/

Smacks of desperation indeed.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Estate agent selling tips in 2011

Get the price right – Many home owners believe that their home is worth more than what they would pay for it in another context. While it's always a bad idea to overprice a home, it's especially dangerous in times like these with many other properties offering competition against your own. The longer a house sits on the market, the more price reductions you might have to make and the more potential buyers will assume that there's something wrong with the home. So more often than not, it's best not to try testing the waters with a higher price.

http://manningstainton.briefyourmarket.com/Newsletters/E-Moving-Matters-January-2011/The-Key-to-Selling-in-2011.aspx

HOLA449

Moving from a '240k house' to a '135k house' is quite a drop - sounds like the seller, due to a change in life circumstances and/or a dawning realisation of their financial situation, has decided he/she can no longer afford a huge mortgage/

But for goodness sake don't sell the beemer! :lol::lol:

HOLA4410

Seen a bunch of new year price reductions on stuff that has sat on the market for literally years at absurd prices to marginally less absurd prices.

Nothing interesting though, no worthwhile reductions yet.

Yea, same my way, good bunch of reductions 5-25k, but they were overpriced by 100-150k to start with, so some way to go.

Still a good sign of reality kicking in and the squeeze beginning with or without an IR rise.

Happy Days

HOLA4411

On Streetview it looks like number 9.

To the left number 7 is only slightly smaller and that sold in August 2007 for £245,000 so the asking price of £239,950 isn't exactly anything to get excited now more people are feeling the pinch.

To the right, number 11 which is the same style of house sold in May 2006 for £222,500.

So number 9 still has a boom world asking price. Maybe the owner should apply for a citizen's income to help keep him in the home or limit any more cuts in asking price they'd have to make to sell it.

edit: hyperlinks not activating properly with forum glitch

Edited by Venger

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

That living room has very empty feel to it...and what the frick is the deal with garden chairs and table being in there?

Deffo looks like a MEW that has been cut short! Wouldn't surprise me if the "owners" of that place are frantically posting on MSE about debt n shit!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

HOLA4420

I have now seen a couple of examples of quite significant falls in very good areas BUT not the size of property I am interested in, and only isolated to a few examples of what can only be assumed to be people that really need to move.

One such example is a 2 bed house that was up at around the 300k mark in 2009 (I remember this as it was in competition, price wise, with our last sale at the time), it basically came down gradually over a long time. The usual 'seller to pay stamp duty', offers over, fixed price etc ensued. Eventually it changed agents and was reduced to 250k. Still a few months later it was hanging around, then without warning 200k! A week or so later it went under offer. Who knows at what price, lets assume it is less than 200k. The vendor bought it in 2007 for 250k, and next door sold for something like this in early 2010, although I cant be sure they are the same as the row of houses are all slightly different.

Just to balance the argument I am now starting to see some of the sale prices of properties I logged the details for earlier in the year, i.e. things of interest to me, and whilst there are one or two that near 20%, most are a few % off, and a shocking number that were full asking!

HOLA4421

have a look at the bath!!!!

I do think some of the comments on here about people's taste is a little tastless.

I agree most people's tastes are only in their mouths, but it would be a very boring world if we all liked the same things in the same colours.

I also think that gloating over anothers' misfortunes is revoltingly poor sport. Who knows why someone is selling. Death? Who would wish that on someone? Divorce? Always two sides to a story and rarely any winners (least of all children), Debt? Again never any winners.

Don't wish on others that which you wouldn't wish on yourself. Please. It could be you next time.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I do think some of the comments on here about people's taste is a little tastless.

I agree most people's tastes are only in their mouths, but it would be a very boring world if we all liked the same things in the same colours.

I also think that gloating over anothers' misfortunes is revoltingly poor sport. Who knows why someone is selling. Death? Who would wish that on someone? Divorce? Always two sides to a story and rarely any winners (least of all children), Debt? Again never any winners.

Don't wish on others that which you wouldn't wish on yourself. Please. It could be you next time.

I have a few million 'devils' looking over/sitting on my shoulder who have made repeated ass-umptions only basing their conclusions on one side of a story or on the limited knowledge they have! :P

HOLA4425

I would have gone for devorce/break up looking at the furniture left in the lounge.