House Price Crash Forum
Bruce Banner

Emotive Phrases Used By Estate Agents And Mortgage Brokers

I was just watching a interview with a mortgage broker on BBC News and he came out with that old favorite of the bulls "Putting your life on hold".

I wonder if these people have a handbook of emotive phrases to encourage the punters to buy.

The ones that instantly spring to mind are...

"Paying your landlord's mortgage"

"Putting your life on hold"

Buy now! Whilst they're cheap!

:rolleyes:

I was just watching a interview with a mortgage broker on BBC News and he came out with that old favorite of the bulls "Putting your life on hold".

I wonder if these people have a handbook of emotive phrases to encourage the punters to buy.

The ones that instantly spring to mind are...

"Paying your landlord's mortgage"

"Putting your life on hold"

Watched that too. We're happier 'putting our life on hold' than take out a huge 25 year debt for a shoebox thanks :lol:

Finally the message seems to be getting through that it's potential FTBs simply not applying for mortgages and holding out for lower house prices, not just lack of finance from the banks but this numptie was trying to talk the market up. His predictions for property prices were +3% this year without any rationale, followed by huge demand in 2012. Yep, the pent-up demand means EVERYONE's going to be buying then :ph34r:

Watched that too. We're happier 'putting our life on hold' than take out a huge 25 year debt for a shoebox thanks :lol:

Finally the message seems to be getting through that it's potential FTBs simply not applying for mortgages and holding out for lower house prices, not just lack of finance from the banks but this numptie was trying to talk the market up. His predictions for property prices were +3% this year without any rationale, followed by huge demand in 2012. Yep, the pent-up demand means EVERYONE's going to be buying then :ph34r:

"Pent-up demand"

"Deceptively spacious"

My goodness! The external photographic representations of this abode have simply failed to portray it's grand stature and inner substantiality. I've been comprehensively deceived by the internal dimensions of this pied -รก-terre and have to say, I feel perfectly fooled, baffled, bamboozled and befuddled by it's cavernous expanse.

You cheeky Estate Agent, playing tricks on me like that ! I simply must buy this property!

Edited by Reck B