House Price Crash Forum
Chest Rockwell

Mse: I Need Money To Build An Extension...

:lol: You guys are gonna love this one!!!

Read this one first:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2962544

and then this one:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1303863

This guy is on another planet bigstyle!! Check out comment 28 from "neverdespairgirl" LOL! Priceless! In fact fvck it I'm gonna post what she says to this dude who is basically moaning that he has no money because of his BTLs...but needs money for a rainy day.......and......home improvements as well:

want, rather than need, surely?

But all this doesn't matter anyway. After all, in September 2007 you were being extremely patronising and saying there was no possibility of a crash, and you knew everything there was to know:

I'm really sorry to have to say this to you CarolT but you are talking through your proverbial. I am asurveyor and know the trends of the market inside and out. there is not going to be a crash. Prices will level out , possibly drop 5% but that's it.

The crash you are looking for is NEVER going to happen. You had better realise this now as all that money you are paying in rent is going down the drain and you will never see anything for it.

My advice to you is to buy something, anything, possibly not even for you to live in but to rent out. You could even continue to live in your council house butat least you would have a foothold on the market.

No market has crashed by 50% ever. The words 'wake up' and 'coffee' are coming to mind !!!

:lol:

EDIT: some more background http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=16086781#post16086781

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Absolutely classic!

'No market has ever crashed by 50% ever'

How does that work? Or maybe he has forgotten the 80s and 90s in the very market that is under discussion!??!?!?!?!?

I would love to know who this guy is so I can add him to a list of 'never do business with these people' list ... possibly somewhere up near Gordon Brown.

Aidanapword

Sibley's sock puppet has posted up the link to this thread LOL! :lol:

It's amazing to be honest! These Buy To Lose speculators played a huge part in the HPI Ponzi...and STILL they want more money! Especially the dude that has done the MSE postings as he proper took the p1ss out of those that questioned the validity of his Buy To Lose empire!

One thing that I don't get, the guy is concerned that the bank will take the business loan repayments into account with his personal outgoings? This suggests to me he's topping up his VAST profits from his personal income! Surely a bank (a bailed out one such as RBS's Natwest) would ask to see the Profit and Loss figures of his business?

Something tells me that after CT and SA this guy is running at a big loss!

But like the BTL brigade, this is just speculation on my part!

And I hope you're all chuffed at where your tax goes!!!!

:D

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Sibley now on the offensive:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2964868

Calling for peeps to be banned! Depsite the highlighting of mortgage fraud and idiot speculators, Sibley believes that it all should be defended on MSE:

One of the most popular sayings on this board comes from members of HPC. Everytime HPC is mentioned in a post, Gloomy or some other happy soul tells us we are so gutted not to be a member of there and how we should get over them. Well, I had my first look over there for over a month today.

What did I see?

At least 7 direct links to threads on here. They are encouraging their members to attack homeowners on here.

It's opened my eyes I can tell you. Gloomy is like some disenchanted left wing student stuck in bedsit land.

Is there a way we can prevent them ruining our board?

Can't the Mods ban the obvious trolls?

:lol:

How do these people think nothing of borrowing tens of thousands of pounds secured against an obviously overpriced asset whilst thinking of a few hundred quid a month profit as a significant sum? It is an appalling return in exchange for so much leveraged debt, and at this point in the property markets cycle, and it's not even guaranteed or truly a passive income. What a ridiculous thing to have done.

Edited by cybernoid

The funniest thing and hardest to fathom is that the guy is a surveyor. How could someone doing a job like that day in day out have their head so far up their backside and be oblivious to what was going on?

It sounds like he is about to be in trouble soon. Massive trouble if he listens to that idiot sibley.

Has mctavish turned up yet? That should add a little more comedy to the thread.

I only count 2 mse threads on the front page, how many pages did sibbers go through to make his point?

Edited by richyc

How do these people think nothing of borrowing tens of thousands of pounds secured against an obviously overpriced asset whilst thinking of a few hundred quid a month profit as a significant sum? It is an appalling return in exchange for so much leveraged debt, and at this point in the property markets cycle, and it's not even guaranteed or truly a passive income. What a ridiculous thing to have done.

In general, no.

Absolutely classic!

'No market has ever crashed by 50% ever'

And just to evidence the man's ignorance, here's the ftse 100 only very recently:

12/10/2007 Adjusted close price on the day 6730.7 (peak)

03/03/2009 Adjusted close price on the day 3512.1 (trough)

So in a little over 16 months the ftse 100 fell 47.82%

£600 a month profit, that will be gone when IR's go up.

When rents drop as house prices drop, he will need for find the shortfall to pay off his mortgages.

Without a doubt a insolvancy statistic.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: