House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

"£109,000 Discount"

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28828540.html

Problem is, in my personal opinion, the place is still a good 150K too much re the asking price.

250k too much if you asked me. I wouldn't part with £200k for that and it looks rather crowded inside. Something I don't understand is why a bungalow (half a house) commands a premium ??? :rolleyes:

Nice views, shame about the hobbit sized bedrooms.

The subtle fisheye lens view of almost every house photo on Rightmove is almost tantamount to fraud. When looking at a Google map view of a house I was interested in, it was quite shocking how much smaller the exterior was. I don't know why EAs even bother doing this, like you're not going to visit the property before you buy it (although I have seen examples of one or two people who buy "blind" at auction, so maybe they're chancing it in that way).

The subtle fisheye lens view of almost every house photo on Rightmove is almost tantamount to fraud. When looking at a Google map view of a house I was interested in, it was quite shocking how much smaller the exterior was. I don't know why EAs even bother doing this, like you're not going to visit the property before you buy it (although I have seen examples of one or two people who buy "blind" at auction, so maybe they're chancing it in that way).

Yes, buying blind at auction is seen as some sort of virility symbol by some of the pond life starring in 'Homes Under The Hammer'.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28828540.html

Problem is, in my personal opinion, the place is still a good 150K too much re the asking price.

Beautiful place to live but wtf planet are they on with that price and thats with a 109k reduction ,15 years ago you could have bought most of Horton for that

Beautiful place to live but wtf planet are they on with that price and thats with a 109k reduction ,15 years ago you could have bought most of Horton for that

I bumped into a couple a couple of months back who had rented a cottage in the same village - beautiful part of the World but they went nuts as there is nothing to do, too far to travel for a curry or to go somewhere... so they moved the 15 or so miles back into Swansea.

Heard similar stories before.

Another ruse is to stretch the photos. Back in 2009 I was putting my house on the market with the local estate agent. I popped in to the office to proof read the 'brochure' and laughed at what he had done so he begun to laugh with me. I told him there and then that I would not be signing the paperwork and would be going with another EA that wiped the smile off his face and he left a few angry messages on my mobile. It wastes my time, their time and prospective buyers time. Same thing goes for photos taken from the very top corner standing either on a kitchen unit or and standing on the bath.

Edited by tomposh101