House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Latvian Travels 1,500Miles To Squat In Britain Because It's An 'easy Touch'...

Jobless Jason Ruddick left the Baltics after a friend told him squatters' rights were so entrenched in the UK that is was 'almost impossible' to be evicted.

Jason Ruddick? A good old Latvian name... :blink:

ED: Snap, Harry!

Double ED: Formatting

Edited by yellerkat

Jason Ruddick? What kind of Latvian name is that?

shhh... We know that the story is partially made up, but you mustn't spoil the fun for hordes of outraged DailyMail readers whose blood is now boiling with anger (while enjoying biscuits and a cup of tea).

:D

I approve. Good use of an empty property and if they can get benefits, then more fool us for allowing it.

If it was Billy Braggs property I'd approve even more!

...rights were so entrenched in the UK that is was 'almost impossible' to be evicted.

He told the Ham and High newspaper: 'You get lots of things for free here.

'It's really expensive to live in such a big house if you have to pay for it,' he added.

Mr Ruddick now says he is 'reluctant' to leave Highgate, adding: It's the best place to live.'

Squatters and bankers seem to have a lot in common.

The Baltic states are in the EU so Jason has as much right as anyone else to the gold that paves London streets. Bloody racists!

Quite right too. Jason is probably just as human as a Briton. We should welcome this EU comrade with open arms. :lol: Let's just hope the owner of the property doesn't poison Iceland's waste food. ;) I imagine an owner like Nicholas van Hoogstraten would see the funny side. :lol:

At least we aint paying for the bloke to live in a mansion with oodles of tax money pouring into a landlord's pocket.

Everyone in Britain is paying for mass immigration. Make no mistake about that.

So, a 10 bedroom house sits empty and unused in a country with an acute housing shortage, and the only thing the Daily Mail can do it try to play the racism card?

There's loads of gold bars sitting around idle in bank vaults too. There's loads of grain and food wasted by the EU.

This is theft. There's no dressing it up.

This is theft. There's no dressing it up.

It's not theft. He doesn't now own the house, and since the owner isn't using it themselves and hasn't been renting it, it's just utilisation of a under-used and scarce resource.

I live in a street with 3 vacant houses, all three owned by mysterious old people who don't ever visit and don't otherwise use them. There are local families that could be renting or buying these homes, and as far as I can see the owners should be taxed until their pips squeak to encourage them to sell or rent them.

The million empty properties in Britain and property hoarding are two of the main reasons many people on here can't afford a house.

It's not theft. He doesn't now own the house, and since the owner isn't using it themselves and hasn't been renting it, it's just utilisation of a under-used and scarce resource.

I live in a street with 3 vacant houses, all three owned by mysterious old people who don't ever visit and don't otherwise use them. There are local families that could be renting or buying these homes, and as far as I can see the owners should be taxed until their pips squeak to encourage them to sell or rent them.

The million empty properties in Britain and property hoarding are two of the main reasons many people on here can't afford a house.

Of course it's theft. He is using the utilities at the property and he is not paying rent.

This is not the reason people cannot afford a house in Britain. There have always been empty houses. You seem to be forgetting loose monetary policy and mass immigration.

Would you use someone's car if they left it in the driveway for a year?

They are depriving someone the right to sell or use their own property. There are NO justifications.

Edited by Xurbia

Of course it's theft. He is using the utilities at the property and he is not paying rent.
You're an idiot. There is no moral obligation to pay rent, and no-one has said he wont pay his gas bill.
If cars were finite and it was impossible to make any more then yes. Cars are not finite, which is why your comparison is ridiculous.

This is not the reason people cannot afford a house in Britain. There have always been empty houses. You seem to be forgetting loose monetary policy and mass immigration.

They are depriving someone the right to sell or use their own property. There are NO justifications.

Oh it doesn't matter, the reason the owner is not there is that he has got mansions all over the world and he is in another of them right now. The more we discourage owners of multiple homes, the more chance there is of seeing a reduction in property values. I assume that's why you are here?

Oh it doesn't matter, the reason the owner is not there is that he has got mansions all over the world and he is in another of them right now. The more we discourage hang from lampposts the owners of multiple homes, the more chance there is of seeing a reduction in property values. I assume that's why you are here?

Fixed.

The third worst-rated comment:

Property is designed to be used, ie lived in or utilised as a base for business. Its use in financial speculation is actually a crass abuse. If buildings are left empty as the owners have more than they can use then it stands to reason people in need should be enabled to use them (responsibly). In a truly free society everyone would be entitled to a piece of land free. As we consent to live in a civilised consenting society it is important that the consensus provides a responsible framework for property and land to replace that natural birthright. Its a moral question and should lie at the basis of any civilised society. Property should not purely be the carrot that enslaves you to ensure a roof over your head.

- Paolo, london, 6/1/2011 14:44

The third worst-rated comment:

Property is designed to be used, ie lived in or utilised as a base for business. Its use in financial speculation is actually a crass abuse. If buildings are left empty as the owners have more than they can use then it stands to reason people in need should be enabled to use them (responsibly). In a truly free society everyone would be entitled to a piece of land free. As we consent to live in a civilised consenting society it is important that the consensus provides a responsible framework for property and land to replace that natural birthright. Its a moral question and should lie at the basis of any civilised society. Property should not purely be the carrot that enslaves you to ensure a roof over your head.

- Paolo, london, 6/1/2011 14:44

Nothing I can disagree with there. Help yourself to an empty property! Its a serious issue the rich and especially overseas rich just sitting on empty properties in London.

Oh it doesn't matter, the reason the owner is not there is that he has got mansions all over the world and he is in another of them right now. The more we discourage owners of multiple homes, the more chance there is of seeing a reduction in property values. I assume that's why you are here?

I don't know who owns this mansion. That is not important. I don't believe in squatter's rights. I lived in crappy digs at university. They were mostly cold and disgusting. I paid for living in filth and moved onwards and upwards. I started out with nothing and have done well without being a thief.

If I came home and found someone in my house here in Seattle there would be a fight to the death. There are small things that I own that I would not let anyone else touch without permission. I'd even fight to the death for my cat. Some of us still live by a code of decency. I have worked hard my whole life. Even when times have been horrible I never stole from anyone and I don't intend to become a victim.

This Latvian came into the country because of weak immigration and benefits' policy. According to the article he sought out Britain like a vulture. He isn't vulnerable, just an opportunist and a thief. He will drain the country because he is a parasite. Britain is full of parasites.

If Labour hadn't screwed us all over I would still be there. In a way the scum that are Brown and Blair did me a favour. I can spread my wings.