House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Muswell Hillbilly

Weird Registers Of Scotland Transactions

My regular monthly notification from ourproperty.co.uk today highlighted the following two sales in my local area:

• 70 Arden Street, EH9 1BN — £251,664

• 64 Thirlestane Road, EH9 1AR — £251,664

Neither of them was advertised on the open market. (There was another flat for sale at 70 Arden Street, but not the third-floor one which is listed in the details here.) Why would anybody pay just over the 250K stamp duty threshold?

Both have the following details:

Applicant/s: The Grouss Residential Investment Partnership Llp

Granter/s: Edinburgh Assured Tenancies Limited

Googling them both reveals rather anonymous companies. Would the properties just be investments in a pension fund or something similar? If that were the case, surely they would be let out. Neither of the top-floor properties at 70 Arden Street is registered on landlordregistrationscotland.gov.uk, and at 64 Thirlestane Road (the registration details don’t say which flat), only 64/5 is registered with landlordregistrationscotland.gov.uk, the owner being one Richard Loudon, not a company.

Any ideas what’s going on, anybody?

Not sure if RoS reports prices pre- or post- apportioning, ie, where you assign some of the purchase cost to moveable contents??

If the former then I'm sure the prices would have been apportioned so that the properties fell below the stamp-duty threshhold

C

My regular monthly notification from ourproperty.co.uk today highlighted the following two sales in my local area:

• 70 Arden Street, EH9 1BN — £251,664

• 64 Thirlestane Road, EH9 1AR — £251,664

Neither of them was advertised on the open market. (There was another flat for sale at 70 Arden Street, but not the third-floor one which is listed in the details here.) Why would anybody pay just over the 250K stamp duty threshold?

Both have the following details:

Applicant/s: The Grouss Residential Investment Partnership Llp

Granter/s: Edinburgh Assured Tenancies Limited

Googling them both reveals rather anonymous companies. Would the properties just be investments in a pension fund or something similar? If that were the case, surely they would be let out. Neither of the top-floor properties at 70 Arden Street is registered on landlordregistrationscotland.gov.uk, and at 64 Thirlestane Road (the registration details don’t say which flat), only 64/5 is registered with landlordregistrationscotland.gov.uk, the owner being one Richard Loudon, not a company.

Any ideas what’s going on, anybody?