House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John The Pessimist

Recession Cancelled!

They could just do a nice weak beer.

2% or something and then let people drink pints.

Or am I just being a girl there?

Smaller volume but still a pint-sized price more likely

or a smaller drop in price than in volume

Oh dear. 400ml instead of a pint (568ml).

You can bet that any new size won't be proportionally priced. Can't see men going for this :lol: Even women are knocking back pints these days (sadly :rolleyes:).

It's funny how petrol prices really started to rocket once the gallon gave way to the litre. Tax and duty added per litre as opposed to per gallon in the good old days. :(

Schooners are not popular in australia.

They're talking about ditching glasses for plastic here though , i think they might try and make the plastic 'pints' smaller than the glass ones during the switchover.

I think they should move to litre based beer quantities like the rest of Europe.

A standard "beer" being half a litre (just under a pint - 500ml Vs 568ml), whereas you could also buy a "small beer" (250ml) or "large beer" (1L) if you're on a session, just like in all good Ski Lodges and Costa del Sol beach bars. :)