House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wahoo

F*** The Tax Increases...

OK….These price hikes are outrageous…….It's all TAX TAX TAX.

So lets barter.

I have two jobs; one in health care and the other I have a small joinery shop.

So, I'm looking for someone who can do some stonework/roofing. I can offer one of the following:

1.Bespoke furniture eg Oak bookshelves, oak front door, oak internal doors, oak table, oak flooring, etc (Yes it's an oak fetish)

or

2.A blood test with full analysis and interpretation of your health and, if you're a piss head (like me), when you're gonna die.

I don't mind which you go for…but I need a roofer. Any offers?

(Location Dorset…..Lodgings offered FOC whilst you replace the tiles) :)

So lets barter.

So, I'm looking for someone who can do some stonework/roofing. I can offer one of the following:

1.Bespoke furniture eg Oak bookshelves, oak front door, oak internal doors, oak table, oak flooring, etc (Yes it's an oak fetish)

or

2.A blood test with full analysis and interpretation of your health and, if you're a piss head (like me), when you're gonna die.

I could do it, would take perhaps 4 years

Most town markets are gone in any traditional sense and our sense of community was cleansed away decades ago.

I would like to see more bartering but it wont happen until we reach the need for it and our living standards are similar to the likes of India now.

Most town markets are gone in any traditional sense and our sense of community was cleansed away decades ago.

I would like to see more bartering but it wont happen until we reach the need for it and our living standards are similar to the likes of India now.

agree, most towns in the UK have been ethically cleansed a long time ago

So lets barter.

or

Be careful -- there are all sorts of legal minefields here which you may not have thought about.

Are you saying you will do the blood work using your own resources ?

Or will you do the blood work using your employers equipment and lab on a Sunday ?

What about any health diagnosis errors the consequences of which will be more expensive to fix than a faulty roof job ..... :o

Just work in cash as much as possible. Im planning to deny the f*ckers as much tax as possible. That will include working in cash and leaving it to the vendor to decide what to do with it, whack a load more into my pension and get the extra relief, and buy less. Including less fuel if possible. I will drive very slowly from now just to deny the f*ckers. They should be cutting spending and reducing ludicrous govt salaries. not stealing from me. The gloves are off. Lets brainstorm this further. What other ideas?

I will drive very slowly from now just to deny the f*ckers.

Good luck with that one. Unfortunately not everyone might see it that way:

At the time of the first Gulf War, i.e. when crude prices were soaring, I once tried going at 30mph on a normally 50mph sort of single carriageway, up and down through woodland. I don't know how many cars built up behind me but when the one immediately behind finally got a chance to overtake the fellow leant on his horn for what felt like 10 seconds. Never tried that again.

If you lived closerI would have done it for some nice furniture, however you are roughly 500 miles from me so a bit difficult! however post again in the summer and i might be tempted to come down on a working holiday!

What kind of stonework? stonemasonry or dry stone walling? or as its cornwall, flintwork?

Trad slates or concrete mix replacements?

Feck em, let them eat sh1t!

True, I'm all for the barter system however just about everyone I know thinks "Barter" means "Haggle". Whenever I point this error out I'm told I'm a nit picking pedant.

my old man in Italy does exactly that. He was lucky enough to retire on a final salary at 53 and started growing blueberries and taking all the pressed vines from the local winemakers.

He makes his own grappa (50 gallons of it per year) and barters a gallon of grappa or a bag of blueberries for something with his friend the butcher (half a lamb for example) or for some services (MOT + car servicing, that's 2 gallons of grappa, thanks).

I plan to do exactly the same.

Just work in cash as much as possible. Im planning to deny the f*ckers as much tax as possible. That will include working in cash and leaving it to the vendor to decide what to do with it, whack a load more into my pension and get the extra relief, and buy less. Including less fuel if possible. I will drive very slowly from now just to deny the f*ckers. They should be cutting spending and reducing ludicrous govt salaries. not stealing from me. The gloves are off. Lets brainstorm this further. What other ideas?

Buying less is very powerful. Its a modern form of mass action. I remember a year and a half ago when Americans were so angered at what was going on millions decided to spend less.. the government caved immediately and ran in with stimulus and such. Suddenly money that allegedly wasn't there to give to people, was there.

A good example.. you could go out and pay for a bunch of entertainment that honestly isnt' that entertaining. And treated like a number to make money off of. Or you could go for a walk down to the beach, or on the trails. You could pay to see a football game, or you could invite some friends and play a game yourself for free in the park.

Millions of young are nearly doing a form of resistance without knowing it by spending their life on world of warcraft. The powers that be have this carefully set up system of controls and rules and pre-determined hierarchies.. but more and more people are just checking out and playing in fantasy worlds that have their own rules.

Good luck with that one. Unfortunately not everyone might see it that way:

At the time of the first Gulf War, i.e. when crude prices were soaring, I once tried going at 30mph on a normally 50mph sort of single carriageway, up and down through woodland. I don't know how many cars built up behind me but when the one immediately behind finally got a chance to overtake the fellow leant on his horn for what felt like 10 seconds. Never tried that again.

I think that the most economical speed is around 50mph. I am sure a petrol head can give a more precise figure.

I think that the most economical speed is around 50mph. I am sure a petrol head can give a more precise figure.

Air resistance is the biggest factor - so the slower the better. Drive at the lowest speed that your car can comfortably handle in 5th when cruising. Other than that, try not to use your brakes and try not to hammer the accelerator when you are pulling away.

yes change up as quick as possible without labouring the engine. Also when slowing dont put the car in neutral. Allowing the car to slow in engine braking uses no fuel as the injectors stop. If you put the car in neutral while coasting to a stop you use fuel keeping the engine running. Air resistance is the big factor, but so is gearing, and engine size. Some cars are more efficient at higher speed - especially large engined cars. But acceleration is always a killer so light on the gas when increasing speed.

Edited by DotBomb

yes change up as quick as possible without labouring the engine. Also when slowing dont put the car in neutral. Allowing the car to slow in engine braking uses no fuel as the injectors stop. If you put the car in neutral while coasting to a stop you use fuel keeping the engine running. Air resistance is the big factor, but so is gearing, and engine size. Some cars are more efficient at higher speed - especially large engined cars. But acceleration is always a killer so light on the gas when increasing speed.

My average mpg indicator goes up much faster when slowing down in neutral using the brakes than when using engine braking, I have tested this many times.

Buying less is very powerful. Its a modern form of mass action. I remember a year and a half ago when Americans were so angered at what was going on millions decided to spend less.. the government caved immediately and ran in with stimulus and such. Suddenly money that allegedly wasn't there to give to people, was there.

A good example.. you could go out and pay for a bunch of entertainment that honestly isnt' that entertaining. And treated like a number to make money off of. Or you could go for a walk down to the beach, or on the trails. You could pay to see a football game, or you could invite some friends and play a game yourself for free in the park.

Millions of young are nearly doing a form of resistance without knowing it by spending their life on world of warcraft. The powers that be have this carefully set up system of controls and rules and pre-determined hierarchies.. but more and more people are just checking out and playing in fantasy worlds that have their own rules.

if you do buy less at least try and buy first world made when you can

quality lasts longer