House Price Crash Forum

Educating The 'next Generation' As To Why House Prices Rose.

Milton

HOLA441

[i have to say It wound me up, watching Labour, act as a puppeteer, to the NUS, stirring hatred amongst the students regarding the tuition fee debt.]

So I joined a Student Forum, I've read for a while, and started an, [aherm] debate with some of the older and younger 'student' members on Affordable Housing for First Time Buyers.

[Feel free to join the forum and jump in and help educate our younger generations!: Although be warned there are some hardcore New Labour Lovers on the forum]

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=29189662#post29189662

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Copy ALL the stuff below here in my signature re: LIAR LOANS; Send it on to ALL STUDENTS -- EVERYWHERE.....

And get ALL STUDENTS to read it, watch the video -- and NEVER, EVER, EVER LET A BENT MONEYLENDER TALK YOU INTO A LIAR LOAN -- EVER.

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA445

Copy ALL the stuff below here in my signature re: LIAR LOANS; Send it on to ALL STUDENTS -- EVERYWHERE.....

And get ALL STUDENTS to read it, watch the video -- and NEVER, EVER, EVER LET A BENT MONEYLENDER TALK YOU INTO A LIAR LOAN -- EVER.

Cheers Eric. Will do.

Labour have kicked me in the balls for over ten years. The least I can do is repay the compliment ten fold.

If anyone else has a point to make.

If you have a browse and you have an opinion about some of the points raised, on the student forum, do me a favour and type em in here, and I will relay them.

[some of the statements made are bonkers. ]

Edited by Dan1

HOLA446

[i have to say It wound me up, watching Labour, act as a puppeteer, to the NUS, stirring hatred amongst the students regarding the tuition fee debt.]

So I joined a Student Forum, I've read for a while, and started an, [aherm] debate with some of the older and younger 'student' members on Affordable Housing for First Time Buyers.

[Feel free to join the forum and jump in and help educate our younger generations!: Although be warned there are some hardcore New Labour Lovers on the forum]

Your original post was WAY too long

Try limiting it to 140 characters :P

Seriously, I was a bit susdprised how little anger these people feel, but they probably can't grasp how "cheap" houses were when they were 5 years old

HOLA447

Read all the student posts it seems sad they cant see beyond there current debt crisis to focus on the next one. Hey housing might be affordable (if they can get a job) by the time they want to buy a home.

I have been talking to my teenage step siblings, apparently the schools are not encouraging kids to go to Uni any more.

My friends teenage child wants to be a Hairdresser, this will probably end up being economically more viable then being a scientist

HOLA448

One of those is important... :)

well, she now knows that the goobermint take money from my spends and give it to the africans so when she sees one of the many charity adverts on her kids channels she knows that we give already. You should watch the kids channels, half of the adverts are appeals for animals or real tear jerkers for kids with flies on them but now she knows that we do our bit and dont need the kleenex anymore.

Our bins were recently downsized at the same time that we started having fortnightly collections. The council have a massive list of things that unlike in Germany and other places serious about recycling that they do not wish to bother with. Unfortunately our bins are as small as I feel the genuine willingness to recycle is so our rubbish has to go in which ever bin gets emptied next once they get full. She does now know that it all goes on a boat to china to be incinerated though so we dont get excited about it.

Drowning polar bears? Yes, I hear they are quite a problem and would love to sign up for a trip to drown a few. She now knows that the ice is not melting anymore and they will not be drowning without our help but is not as keen on the trip as I am :lol:

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

In the days when the Internet was just reaching popularity, and USENET was still worth hanging about on, the people in uk.misc which was a forum much like this one, but for chatting about the UK in general, used to organise a UKMCOL - uk.misc Caravan of Love, where they would go and hang out in another usegroup spreading love and happiness. I have often thought that the residents of HPC should do the same thing somewhere other than MSE and I vote for the above post as a starting point.

Wow. What a nerdy post.

HOLA4412

The students are more interested in getting a pint down or their end away.

When they get out there and toil away after 5 years of getting nowhere, while making their boss, banker, and taxman rich, then they might start to ask some questions.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Cheers Eric. Will do.

Labour have kicked me in the balls for over ten years. The least I can do is repay the compliment ten fold.

If anyone else has a point to make.

If you have a browse and you have an opinion about some of the points raised, on the student forum, do me a favour and type em in here, and I will relay them.

[some of the statements made are bonkers. ]

Same. And we are about to be kicked in the balls some more. Difference is you will be saying thank you sir.

HOLA4415

The students who should be protesting to their parents to stop the contineous flow of debt they rode to cause these problems now.

The govenment are just dealing with the fallout. If mummy and daddy resisted the cheap flow of money, they (the students) might not have been unfortunate enough to see tutition rises.

HOLA4416

I think th OP is confusing students with the free thinking, young people capable of informed decision that were students in the relatively recent past.

Unless you can dumb it down and leave out most of the syllables you're banging your head against the wall! I know I'm a poster on the Student Room. Also, I believe it is run by the Grauniad.

HOLA4417

With respect, Eric, aren't LLs just the mechanism? Unlimited credit driven by the demand for MBS + Bubblenomics was the cause. Take away LLs and the financial institutions would just have decided the 10*salary was "reasonable".

HOLA4418

I like the idea.

I think your first post is way too long. Your tone is off somehow and you come off as extreme. Somehow you've just managed to piss them off.

Blaming the Labour party straight away was a bad idea, as they are the students darlings at the moment ( because they are in opposition, so can say what they want with little consequences and voted against tuition fees ). I think if you are going to get this to work to needed to be way more subtle.

HOLA4419

I think your first post is way too long. Your tone is off somehow and you come off as extreme. Somehow you've just managed to piss them off.

Blaming the Labour party straight away was a bad idea, as they are the students darlings at the moment ( because they are in opposition, so can say what they want with little consequences and voted against tuition fees ). I think if you are going to get this to work to needed to be way more subtle.

Believe it or not I used to run that forum for the owner. It's a massive forum (one of the bigger ones in the UK). A very, very tough crowd of idiots. I had my run-ins with them many-a-time. Completely agree with your comments.

Keep it simple reminding people on Ponzi schemes and how they can be created on a mass scale etc. or something similar. These students will not be able to compare house prices with student fees.

They had a poll after the first student riots and although most disagreed with the violence a significant minority of a 1/3(!!!) agreed with the violence. That's extreme in my opinion.

Edited by cica

HOLA4420

Trouble is, eric - if people got out in time, they would personally have done very well out of liar loans.

Telling people not to do it is like telling people the location of a money tree, but not to go and pick any of it.

HOLA4421

In the days when the Internet was just reaching popularity, and USENET was still worth hanging about on, the people in uk.misc which was a forum much like this one, but for chatting about the UK in general, used to organise a UKMCOL - uk.misc Caravan of Love, where they would go and hang out in another usegroup spreading love and happiness. I have often thought that the residents of HPC should do the same thing somewhere other than MSE and I vote for the above post as a starting point.

Wow. What a nerdy post.

Ah uk.misc

Still going but don't dare smile there!

Alex and Dave still there sometimes but Peter with his parrot pictures not so much so.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

With respect, Eric, aren't LLs just the mechanism? Unlimited credit driven by the demand for MBS + Bubblenomics was the cause. Take away LLs and the financial institutions would just have decided the 10*salary was "reasonable".

No --- LIAR LOANS are THE ROCKET FUEL to the whole Ponzi machine.... Without them - all this wouldn't have been possible. MBS's were made up with them. Takes you to the eternal question: Which comes first - the chicken or the egg?

HOLA4425

I saw that the question of the UK government's responsibility for the mess we are in came up again, so I thought I'd post this from 2006.

Nostalgia and blind stupidity

Couldn't see it coming...

Those fears have already led America's Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to consider relaxing the tough Sarbanes-Oxley laws introduced after the collapse of Enron.

Michael Bloomberg, New York City's mayor, became so worried that Wall Street was losing out to London that he hired McKinsey, the management consultancy, in the autumn to advise him on how to fend off the British threat.

For some reason, the one fact everyone seems to agree on is that the UK government couldn't possibly bear any responsibility for the crisis in Europe, Asia or the middle east, and certainly not US. The UK is too small, too insignificant.

Do people not have memories?

Edited by (Blizzard)