House Price Crash Forum
homeless

My Trip To The Local Petrol Station

OK this is now getting out of hand, i went to my local filling station the now for some diesel it was 123.9 last week, today i paid 130.9, grumbling i went to the kiosk to pay, inside there were 3 people all bitching about the cost. So i went up to pay and asked for a packet of cigs, last week these were £4.86 i know this because the price was still on the rail under them. today she asked for £5.02.

This realy cant continue now, absolutely everything is going up in price a lot not just a little, not 2.5% more like 10%. It is everywhere i go, the cafe i get a roll and coffee from has gone to near a fiver now for it, was 3.60 he told me a pack of bacon costs him 50p more than 6 months ago and a loaf of bread 30p more. everywhere i go everything is going up and fast.

The next inflation figures that come out better be showing huge increases even with the scamming they cant hide this.

im not sure how long it will last before people start to throw things they are allready angry, but hey the bankers shared out a nice bonus using our vat money so buisness as usual. the bastards

OK this is now getting out of hand, i went to my local filling station the now for some diesel it was 123.9 last week, today i paid 130.9, grumbling i went to the kiosk to pay, inside there were 3 people all bitching about the cost. So i went up to pay and asked for a packet of cigs, last week these were £4.86 i know this because the price was still on the rail under them. today she asked for £5.02.

This realy cant continue now, absolutely everything is going up in price a lot not just a little, not 2.5% more like 10%. It is everywhere i go, the cafe i get a roll and coffee from has gone to near a fiver now for it, was 3.60 he told me a pack of bacon costs him 50p more than 6 months ago and a loaf of bread 30p more. everywhere i go everything is going up and fast.

The next inflation figures that come out better be showing huge increases even with the scamming they cant hide this.

im not sure how long it will last before people start to throw things they are allready angry, but hey the bankers shared out a nice bonus using our vat money so buisness as usual. the bastards

Everyone I meet is angry - I was round at the very large house of two well-off friends. They ought to be happy, self-satisfied boomers according to many on this site. Instead, they think blood should be running in the streets. They may have done well, but they're smart enough to understand what's in store for their kids...

Stop smoking that you won't have so much to complain about and you get to screw the govt as fags are seen as a cash cow.

Petrol/Diesel is a harder one to avoid if you have to do long journeys in your car. People will adapt and stop buying.

The public is being squeezed for every last penny, trouble is they've probably gone too far.

But a lot of people will just rack up their debt on their credit cards, and all will be the same.

Everyone I meet is angry - I was round at the very large house of two well-off friends.

I find the same - people are cross about the situation - but there's no sharp focus for the anger. The bankers gambled away money, the last Labour government wrote the banks an IOU note with the taxpayers' signature on it, the Torylition government is pursuing a vendetta against the people to try and right the wrongs of the last government and the bankers. Even the Lib Dems are deeply in the dog-poo, since they are propping up the Torylition!

Edited by Hyperduck Quack Quack

Everyone I meet is angry - I was round at the very large house of two well-off friends. They ought to be happy, self-satisfied boomers according to many on this site. Instead, they think blood should be running in the streets. They may have done well, but they're smart enough to understand what's in store for their kids...

I'm angry.

We should by copying the French and protesting in the streets at these scandalous tax rises.

There will come a point when people won't be able to run their cars anymore, and at this point how will one get to work ?

The train ? Woops, that's gone up too.

Problem is they are probably the exception amongst their peer group.

I suspect the pensioner households might buckle instead of the progligate borrowers so twisted an economy we have now. The BOE's financial dirty protest is polluting the whole economy, those getting it most in the neck have absolutely no way of increasinging their income - it is either fixed or has fallen by up to a half (or) more the last couple of years.

They may have done well, but they're smart enough to understand what's in store for their kids...

But... do they understand what they have been doing to everyone else's kids who are 18-30 today?

Everyone seems to think it's a problem caused by someone else. But then you notice....

Huge mortgages

£00,000's of credit card debt

MEW

Underfunded pensions / zero savings

Designer gear

Everything made in China

Moral outrage

"Vanity" cars (4x4, sports coupes, etc.)

Celebrating mediocre celbs

A Facebook profile full of "friends" but nobody to confide in

And you realise... very few people aren't part of the problem.

Stop smoking, just fume a little now and then!

Went to fill up Mrs Caveats car at the local Sainsburys yesterday. She had a '2p off a litre' coupon. I reasoned that this nearly doubled the advantage we would gain from not paying the extra VAT on the fuel we were sagely buying the day before the VAT rise.

The voucher saved £0.62. I too am angry. Angry that I fell for the hype and didnt do the maths before sitting in a queue for 10 minutes at the forecourt

Edited by Caveat Mortgagor

OK this is now getting out of hand..

And in another headline today, manufacturing grew at the fastest pace since 94.

Hail the miracle recovery. Haven't the politicians and the B of E done a grand job, eh ?

If you debase the currency, it will help manufacturers export, but the debasement finally (it takes months) hits the the cost of imports, resulting in rising prices. For the things we really need / import, like food and fuel.

Let's extend this miraculous logic - perhaps if we destroy the currency completely, we can have infinite exports ?

Money-printing Muppets. Take from one hand, and give to the other.

I'm no longer angry about this.

I AM LIVID !!!!

I've applied for a permanent job in Paris now that my contract there has finished.

I'm happy to leave this island to what is increasingly becoming the dregs of the world. Not sure how they will all pay for their benefits when everyone else leaves.

But... do they understand what they have been doing to everyone else's kids who are 18-30 today?

Everyone seems to think it's a problem caused by someone else. But then you notice....

Huge mortgages

£00,000's of credit card debt

MEW

Underfunded pensions / zero savings

Designer gear

Everything made in China

Moral outrage

"Vanity" cars (4x4, sports coupes, etc.)

Celebrating mediocre celbs

A Facebook profile full of "friends" but nobody to confide in

And you realise... very few people aren't part of the problem.

Excellent post! B)

<snip>

There will come a point when people won't be able to run their cars anymore, and at this point how will one get to work ?

They'll have to run their cars in order to get to work - but in order to pay for the fuel they put in them they'll run the current vehicle into the ground (so far fewer new cars sold), they won't go out (pubs are already closing in droves and more "leisure destinations" will follow), they won't buy stuff (so the retail sector will suffer).

I'm sure the ConDems know that. It'll be why they'll insist on raising the rate of fuel duty (they have to get the tax revenue from somewhere) despite their protestations about "an end to the war on motorists", re. speed cameras and parking spaces, which they hope will mollify car drivers. I doubt that, somehow.

I'm angry.

We should by copying the French and protesting in the streets at these scandalous tax rises.

One upside is this could herald a return to the one car household. Only one person in the house will be able to go to work, because they can't afford any more than one car. Consequently house prices will have to drop to a level at which it is possible for a man to pay for a home for his family on a single wage. The women of the country will once more be free to give up work upon starting a family (I know many who would like to have the privilege) and raise that family on a single wage. It would mean more happiness, less stress and less divorce, as couples will not fight over chores after a hard day at work and both parents will get more quality time with each other and the family. It'll also get a lot of bad drivers off the roads ;)

Hurray for high petrol prices ;)

Edited by General Congreve

You could also argue that people who whine about spend an extra £7.50 on a £300 purchase are probably the sort who shouldn't be spending £300.

That is such an optimistic look on the upside post, you can't possibly be English!

One upside is this could herald a return to the one car household. Only one person in the house will be able to go to work, because they can't afford any more than one car. Consequently house prices will have to drop to a level at which it is possible for a man to pay for a home for his family on a single wage. The women of the country will once more be free to give up work upon starting a family (I know many who would like to have the privilege) and raise that family on a single wage. It would mean more happiness, less stress and less divorce, as couples will not fight over chores after a hard day at work and both parents will get more quality time with each other and the family. It'll also get a lot of bad drivers off the roads ;)

id like to point out i live in a small isolated town 65 miles away from any significant town, transport here is absolutely essential, rural communities like this are realy getting hit. the diesel i bought was for a van, a van used for my buisness, i have to pay it or not work simple as that, its not for taking the wife out on a sunday.

i work often in the western isles too and talking to my friend on the phone just now about this he told me diesel in tarbet has reached 1.50 litre and 1.45 in stornoway.

it realy is beyond the joke now.

And in another headline today, manufacturing grew at the fastest pace since 94.

Hail the miracle recovery. Haven't the politicians and the B of E done a grand job, eh ?

If you debase the currency, it will help manufacturers export, but the debasement finally (it takes months) hits the the cost of imports, resulting in rising prices. For the things we really need / import, like food and fuel.

Let's extend this miraculous logic - perhaps if we destroy the currency completely, we can have infinite exports ?

Money-printing Muppets. Take from one hand, and give to the other.

Long may they continue with their financial wizardry :)

gold-hand-grenade.jpg

post-20010-0-99893300-1294155783_thumb.jpg

id like to point out i live in a small isolated town 65 miles away from any significant town, transport here is absolutely essential, rural communities like this are realy getting hit. the diesel i bought was for a van, a van used for my buisness, i have to pay it or not work simple as that, its not for taking the wife out on a sunday.

i work often in the western isles too and talking to my friend on the phone just now about this he told me diesel in tarbet has reached 1.50 litre and 1.45 in stornoway.

This is the way they punish you for not living in London and thus avoiding having to pay £300k for a 'studio apartment'.

The Chinese will all be buying cars while we'll be buying mopeds and bicycles. All part of the great West to East wealth transfer.

This is the way they punish you for not living in London and thus avoiding having to pay £300k for a 'studio apartment'.

they charge london prices for property here

Problem is they are probably the exception amongst their peer group.

I suspect the pensioner households might buckle instead of the progligate borrowers so twisted an economy we have now. The BOE's financial dirty protest is polluting the whole economy, those getting it most in the neck have absolutely no way of increasinging their income - it is either fixed or has fallen by up to a half (or) more the last couple of years.

Inflation, us boomers have been here before, and we see it is not as bad (yet) as back in the 70's. Difference is, we were young then and hadn't savings to be inflated away, so it didn't impact on us as much as the retired and those on fixed income. The wage inflation helped us, of course.

It's different now, as they say. No wage inflation, blatant thievery from what used to be trusted and respected instituions (the banks) and a general feeling of powerlessness and impotence. We are now a society conditioned to bend over and take it, instead of honing our pitch forks and warming the tar. This has long been planned, why else all those surveillance cameras?