House Price Crash Forum
kit2two

Glasgow 2 Beds... Anecdotal Flood

Evening,

I'll be short - attached is a photo of the building opposite my (rented) flat - called QE3 and Persimmon. They are discounting in the local papers accoring to other threads. I took the photo a couple of mins ago - 10 pm Saturday night. The flats have been for sale for some time - and there are rarely more lights on than this photo shows - doesn't look very occupied to me. They might be unsold, they might be sold and unlet - either way someones suffering.

Also in my complex - 2 flats on my 8 flat tower are being repossed and a firend that lives in the next block is getting turfed out for the same reason.

Looking bleak for Glasgow 2 bed new builds,

kit2two

IMGP2900.JPG

post-1974-1126992374.jpg

Edited by kit2two

Evening,

I'll be short - attached is a photo of the building opposite my (rented) flat - called QE3 and Persimmon. They are discounting in the local papers accoring to other threads. I took the photo a couple of mins ago - 10 pm Saturday night. The flats have been for sale for some time - and there are rarely more lights on than this photo shows - doesn't look very occupied to me. They might be unsold, they might be sold and unlet - either way someones suffering.

Also in my complex - 2 flats on my 8 flat tower are being repossed and a firend that lives in the next block is getting turfed out for the same reason.

Looking bleak for Glasgow 2 bed new builds,

kit2two

they're all up the dancin' ! :rolleyes:

Looking at the photo, perhaps they are all in the pool or the beach bar or even frequenting a local disco. These flats (sorry exclusive, spacious, appartments briefly.......... ) look like a hotel in much sunnier climbs.

Or is it just me?

they look like the pictures of tower blocks when they were first built. perhaps they will go the same way. unless somehow they can be free of the social problems of the past. like bad neighbours. service and security problems. in time - say 15 years, i doubt they will be worth much.

you cant have a family or progress in your life in a flat like this. there is no room for expansion.

you cant have a family or progress in your life in a flat like this. there is no room for expansion.

On this forum there seems to be a widespread belief that all flats are inherently inferior to houses. It ought to be borne in mind, though, that in much of Europe, including Scotland, people of all ages and social statuses are quite happy to live in flats. It is only really in England and Wales that there is such an obsession with everyone having his/her own little house and garden. Given the ludicrous leasehold system that still prevails in England and Wales, I suppose this isn't so surprising.

However, I'm sure there's a great difference between a well-designed, spacious Glasgow tenement flat and a nasty, poky little new-built 'luxury apartment' built for get-rich-quick BTL landlords, so I certainly wouldn't want to contradict right_freds_dead in this particular case!

On this forum there seems to be a widespread belief that all flats are inherently inferior to houses.  It ought to be borne in mind, though, that in much of Europe, including Scotland, people of all ages and social statuses are quite happy to live in flats.  It is only really in England and Wales that there is such an obsession with everyone having his/her own little house and garden.  Given the ludicrous leasehold system that still prevails in England and Wales, I suppose this isn't so surprising.

However, I'm sure there's a great difference between a well-designed, spacious Glasgow tenement flat and a nasty, poky little new-built 'luxury apartment' built for get-rich-quick BTL landlords, so I certainly wouldn't want to contradict right_freds_dead in this particular case!

give me a red sandstone tenement flat over a barrat house any day.besides we get about 6 weeks of good weather each year so who needs a garden ? :unsure:

On this forum there seems to be a widespread belief that all flats are inherently inferior to houses.  It ought to be borne in mind, though, that in much of Europe, including Scotland, people of all ages and social statuses are quite happy to live in flats.  It is only really in England and Wales that there is such an obsession with everyone having his/her own little house and garden.  Given the ludicrous leasehold system that still prevails in England and Wales, I suppose this isn't so surprising.

Muswell Hill!! Used to live in Linden Road but now in Finchley Central. I would be happy with a nice flat at the moment - as long as I can swing my cat.

give me a red sandstone tenement flat over a barrat house any day.besides we get about 6 weeks of good weather each year so who needs a garden ?  :unsure:

I prefer the blonde sandstone tenements myself to the 'ginger' ones.

Many of the blonde ones, of course, used to be brunettes due to the decades of soot deposits, until they got sandblasted, revealing their original blonde colour. :blink:

An englishman's home is his castle, eh? The middle class ones certainly do like to keep their distance. I can't remember the exact quote, or who said it - it may have been a Frenchman with an axe to grind - but it went something like "the greatest delight of the English middle classes is to be befriended by a strange dog; their greatest fear is to have a stranger sit next to them on the train". :P

A 3-bed sandstone tenement with high ceilings, cornices and bay window vs. a Wimpey new build with cream carpets?? No contest! Is it my turn to mop the stairs??