House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shiningliao

Check This Bank Repo Property

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31745504.html

Current asking price is 315K. 2003 sold at 350K.

What you guys think about this property?

Location is Isle of Dogs, London. I don't really think the house price is now less than 2003 price. I think the last transaction in 2003 was a big dodgy....

Any comment?

Happy New Year. I can't comment on the price, but I have to say that the presentation is awful. How do they even expect to sell with pictures like that ?

Looking at RightMove, there are lots of properties on sale around that price, so if you are really interested, why not make a silly offer and see how they respond. We are looking to buy in London and we are waiting for the effects of government cuts, etc, to take effect on house prices.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! laugh.gif Oh, they're serious. blink.gif

£315K FOR THAT!?????

Thank fook I live oop North tongue.gif

Where do people get their money from? My f**king garage and conservatory together are probably as big as that place.

We are so doomed sad.gif

Is this student halls of residence on campus or off?

Yup you pay third of a million and live like a student. Great isn't it? Build quality will be appalling of course as these were speculative hovels, thrown up in seconds. You will become intimately acquanted with your next door neighbours bowel and sexual habits.

Whilst there is an outstanding amount of banksta wealth on the "Dogs" a lot of it is still "ghetto" despite the ethnic and social cleansing that has gone on and that "flat" looks ground floor. I'd prefer to be higher up, for security and privacy reasons.

However its well placed for the Thames Clipper, Canary Wharf, DLR, Greenwich foot tunnel etc.. Nice walks and cycle rides along the Thames path. Oh God I'm starting to miss it! sad.gif

Yup you pay third of a million and live like a student.

Could be worse. My kids are likely to pay a third of a million £ just for a year's tuition by the time they go to uni in 2027...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31745504.html

Current asking price is 315K. 2003 sold at 350K.

What you guys think about this property?

Location is Isle of Dogs, London. I don't really think the house price is now less than 2003 price. I think the last transaction in 2003 was a big dodgy....

Any comment?

Though about entering this into the "most overprices sh*thole" topic on the classics forum.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! laugh.gif Oh, they're serious. blink.gif

£315K FOR THAT!?????

Thank fook I live oop North tongue.gif

Where do people get their money from? My f**king garage and conservatory together are probably as big as that place.

We are so doomed sad.gif

Average wage for that area is 100K, so on that basis, its pretty cheap at 3x earnings. Its got a terrace overlooking the Thames, but its still the Isle of Dogs.

Average wage for that area is 100K, so on that basis, its pretty cheap at 3x earnings. Its got a terrace overlooking the Thames, but its still the Isle of Dogs.

Average wage 100k, yet you say 'but it's still the isle of dogs' I don't know London but you trying to say it's shite area yet the average wage is 100k. It don't make sense.

Vacuum cleaner in the dining room?

Ironing board under the bed?

Airer next to the bathroom sink?

What could be the matter? Oh yeah, the flat's a pokey craphole with no room to store anything!

Average wage 100k, yet you say 'but it's still the isle of dogs' I don't know London but you trying to say it's shite area yet the average wage is 100k. It don't make sense.

Its basically ghetto with bankster heaven up the road. Banksta pads can nestle up against "council" in London. Apart from cleaning jobs, or star bucks there are no jobs for mere mortals in the area.

Just tried to find this on Houseprices with chimp and there's no sales for £350K for 2003. Where does that figure come from because the closest that I can find is flat number 60 on the 29th march 2004. Is the agent trying it on.

Edited by Blod

Happy New Year. I can't comment on the price, but I have to say that the presentation is awful. How do they even expect to sell with pictures like that ?

+1

I think the agent needs to go on a "learn how to use the flash correctly" course. As for the ironing board under the badly made bed, words fail me, but that is often how vendors will present their homes.

Hi all,

First posting here but I think I can comment on this property as I owned and lived in the one directly above it for 5 years! It's a development called Langbourne Place in the Isle of Dogs built by Fairview.

Build quality is shockingly bad - so much so that Fairview should get an award for finding such low quality materials as they aren't readily available in B&Q or other mass market retailers. The quality was so bad that I redid the whole apartment at considerable expense and in doing so found that the fire breaks between flats had been stuffed with dry newspaper, plumbing was a joke and electrics weren't up to regulation. We reported this to the council but all they replied was that it was one of the better developments on the island as far as build quality is concerned!? As the years went on, we suffered 2 floodings from broken plumbing from the flats above, one being a faulty waste pipe (yuck) and the other warping our wood floors causing us to move out for 3 months. Additionally there were numerous break-ins to the underground parking and also the penthouse flats kept getting broken into....

BUT

There was an excellent residents committee who got organised, bought the freehold and appointed a new managing agent as well as take Fairview to court for the breaches to fire regs and other failings in build quality....won quite a few hundred thousand in an out of court settlement and remedied much of the work. They fitted security gates at front and back of development and quite a few other improvements and massively reduced the break-ins....so I would say that it is now a desirable block to live in especially with the service charge having been kept at a very low level when compared to so many other blocks in the area.

However, the best thing about this development for the apartments at the front is the view out over the Thames and Greenwich Park/Cutty Sark(when it gets restored) as well as being opposite the deep water anchorage so you get to see all the large cruise ships. You used to see the Aircraft carriers there as well but don't think they'll be parking up there any time soon! When you wake up in the morning you go into the living room and the water sparkles and when you open the doors you hear the waves against the shore (at low tide!). I would have quite gladly held onto that apartment forever but we needed the money for a bigger place over the river in Blackheath for new arrival to the family!! So we sold it a few years ago for 499K (947sqft).

As for this flat at 315K....well it was originally sold in 2003 for 250K I think, not 350K......it is considerably smaller that the flat above if I remember correctly as the block entrance is right next to it.....and for that reason (you'd hear everyone coming and going all day and night!) as well as the lack of any balconies mean that I wouldn't consider this at 315K or 250K....but for those out there who can put up with the noise then this apartment could give them an excellent pad in London with amazing river/Greenwich views in a very well managed block with low service charges (and underground parking) for a very reasonable (as far as London goes) price!

I'm not the agent, I no longer have any financial interest in this block but just thought I'd share my opinion on this flat!