House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

China Set To Overtake America

"CHINA will surpass the United States as the biggest global exporter by the end of the decade, and over the next five years will leapfrog Britain, France and Italy to become the third largest economy in the world, the OECD said yesterday."

Where did I leave that shoe shine kit?

More:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/...1783941,00.html

And if the US plummets due to a housing crash who is going to demand chinese exports?

I think the situation isn't quite as dire in the US as is made out.True some states like CA,NY do have a bubble but before a crash materialises what I expect to see is a much weaker dollar,helping out their exporters and stimulating growth in US and much of asia......I think the main victim of this will be euroland.

I could have posted this link on almost any thread on HPC but it relates exports to the rest of the imbalanced US & UK economies so here is as good as anywhere:

http://www.cerf.cam.ac.uk/publications/fil...ingBb_Jun03.pdf

Pages 3 and 4 have great graphs. If anybody knows how to import pdf images to the HPC board they may make fine additions to the collection of graphs already here.

"CHINA will surpass the United States as the biggest global exporter by the end of the decade, and over the next five years will leapfrog Britain, France and Italy to become the third largest economy in the world, the OECD said yesterday."

Where did I leave that shoe shine kit?

More:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/...1783941,00.html

Is there a bit of careful slanting going on here, with the use of the word 'global' to exclude within-EU trade. The last statistics I saw had Germany as the largest exporter, not the US.

I could have posted this link on almost any thread on HPC but it relates exports to the rest of the imbalanced US & UK economies so here is as good as anywhere:

http://www.cerf.cam.ac.uk/publications/fil...ingBb_Jun03.pdf

Pages 3 and 4 have great graphs. If anybody knows how to import pdf images to the HPC board they may make fine additions to the collection of graphs already here.

Done the lot.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

post-840-1127044326_thumb.jpg

post-840-1127044357_thumb.jpg

post-840-1127044380_thumb.jpg

post-840-1127044405_thumb.jpg

post-840-1127044424_thumb.jpg

post-840-1127044443_thumb.jpg

post-840-1127044525_thumb.jpg

post-840-1127044544_thumb.jpg

post-840-1127044564_thumb.jpg

post-840-1127044585_thumb.jpg

No secret that probably 50% of loans of chinese banks are bad and technically they are insolvant, they do not have a financial system as such just corruption and hand outs based on who you know. London's financial service sector(UK's main export) will be safe as a center of finance for some time ....

Edited by mercsl