House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DannyT

Tesco To Pawnbroke Gold !

From what I've read they're not going into pawnbroking at all - they're offering to buy people's unwanted gold.

There is a difference.

Good point actually Mrs B - usual misleading D.M headline ' "Buy some milk... and flog the family jewellery: Tesco enters pawn business by offering cash for gold"

What they mean is that when the inflation hits you'll have to pay for stuff in gold as they don't want the paper.

you will get your coins out of your pocket and with your nail file pay for your loaf of bread, that is if you don't get mugged on the way to the shop of course...

quick lets buy some gold (and a nail file) before everyone else realise what is coming!!!!

Why do you think the price of bread will ever go down?

The government has only one solution to all of its woes and that is more printing and debasement. Such that £1 this time last year bought 15% more. Since I buy petrol, food and energy.

The government are still borrowing 180bn a year, nothing has changed the debt is getting bigger. The cuts are nothing of the sort and spending is increasing. They have only one option the printing press and they are not afraid to use it.

Why do you think the price of bread will ever go down?

The government has only one solution to all of its woes and that is more printing and debasement. Such that £1 this time last year bought 15% more. Since I buy petrol, food and energy.

The government are still borrowing 180bn a year, nothing has changed the debt is getting bigger. The cuts are nothing of the sort and spending is increasing. They have only one option the printing press and they are not afraid to use it.

Well said.

Contrary to the headline of this topic, this is not the 'shoeshine' moment. Are checkout assistants offering to sell the plebs gold every time they buy their groceries? No.

Instead the global corporate behemoth that is Tesco's is kindly offering to relieve the ignorant plebs (who wouldn't know the spot price of gold, or it's recent price history, if it popped up out of the top of their Tesco's Finest Chinese Family Box and bit them on the @rse) of their remaining gold at a decent rate below fair value.

Keep calling it a bubble if it keeps you happy though, one day you'll eventually be right. (EDIT: That's for the OP, not you Ken!)

Edited by General Congreve

2 December 2010 12:54PM

create a new precious metals-based backed currency system by simply converting their
fiat paper into real money.

What does this mean? Does it mean I can go into Tesco with my pieces of silver and use them to purchase goods?

No it doesn't. So, in my simplistic view of things this statement, and in conclusion the whole article, is meaningless.

:lol:

a quote from the comments section the month before (the gaurdian)http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/dec/02/jp-morgan-silver-short-selling-crash

Edited by 1888