House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

London Fireworks

OK - as title.

Impressive as they were, I can't help thinking that a few people were watching those London New Year fireworks and thinking that all that money could have been spent on something more worthy, especially if you were one of those that received an "at risk" notice before Christmas...

So what do HPC'ers think, and who actually paid for all that smoke ?

OK - as title.

Impressive as they were, I can't help thinking that a few people were watching those London New Year fireworks and thinking that all that money could have been spent on something more worthy, especially if you were one of those that received an "at risk" notice before Christmas...

So what do HPC'ers think, and who actually paid for all that smoke ?

Complete waste of money. I'd rather light a couple of ten bob rockets myself than watch a £1M organised display.

Well we had a dismal display at the millennium.....lots of criticism, we only now doing it imo to keep up with the Joneses like Times sq, Sydney and Dubai .... I think it is a waste of money, only showing off. ;)

I was not impressed with them.

Yes, they cost a lot and there were loads but there seemed to be no theme of any sense of progressiion with them. Afew years ago they did a wonderful sequence which seemed to go through the spectrum from red to green to gol to silver ending in a glorious burst of blues. It was quite moving.

Last night just appeared to be thousands of bangs with the colours, although sometimes in some kind of sequence, having little gelling them together.

I later watched some of the other global firework shows and they - Rio in particular - seemed to have more grace and balance.

TMT in luvvie mode.