House Price Crash Forum

Moneyweek: A Full Blown H P C Is Underway

HOLA441

http://info.moneyweek.com/pdf_supplement.php?bbcam=adwds_con&bbkid=Total+-+content+targeting&x=&jtid=10590508&UID=&s_id=3&ss_id=3&jchk=1&nolog=1&jdid=gg303083

Is 2011 the year to get back into the property market?
For a decade, investing in property looked like a dead cert. All you had to do was buy property and then sit back and watch it soar in value. But now the good times are officially over.
Britain is in the grip of a full-blown house price crash.
In fact this is already the worst house price crash on record, far bigger than the slump in the 1990s, with house prices back to 2004 levels (roughly where they were when MoneyWeek first started warning our readers not to invest in property).
But we know all this already. What we really want to know now is, how much worse can things get? Surely, having fallen so far, there must be good news on the horizon for the property market.
Unfortunately the answer is a resounding 'no'. In this indispensable guide we reveal why property prices will continue to fall, how long it will take before the market recovers and how much further property prices will fall by.

The first Q will be the battle for people's minds as the VIs and the Koalishon try to get the word out that house prices are plateauing and will not rise much this year before inflation returns again in 2012 blah blah blah.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Here's hoping. Sitting in bed with the girlfriend last night we did the real sums for getting a detached house for our personal circumstances - the costs, as I knew they would be, are staggering. The sums are just unbelievable for monthly bills and massive mortgage and council tax added on top. House prices near the Edinburgh area and surrounds need to HALVE to come back to reasonable levels - it wasn't a great start to the new year and I stated firmly that I'd rather leave and get out of this place and rent in California or some place! Debt slave isn't going to happen so here's hoping for 10%+ this year at LEAST.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
But we know all this already. What we really want to know now is, how much worse can things get? Surely, having fallen so far, there must be good news on the horizon for the property market.

Unfortunately the answer is a resounding 'no'. In this indispensable guide we reveal why property prices will continue to fall, how long it will take before the market recovers and how much further property prices will fall by.

Big falls are a resounding yes for good news. I really wish they'd stop this. Telegraph threw me the other day with a "More Pain for Housing Market" headline, when it was actually a story predicting more falls and less pain for new buyers and upsizers in the market.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Is there any way we can profit from this? I've already had my fingers burnt badly trying to predict what is happening with builders' shares...

Wait for the prices of those stocks to start increasing in a sustained way. If you want to play a risky game and profit, have a gander at the 'oillies' thread in the investment section - all winners in there so far! HER doubled last week ;)