House Price Crash Forum
Arbitrage

Radio 4: Jan 1St 2011

Yes, rest assured. Flanders has just announced that the UK's fiscal deficit is under control. There were concerns about our national debt, but now, thanks to Osborne's cuts, there aren't anymore.

What are the odds that Steff might be 'surprised' again this year, and not just about above target inflation!

:lol:

Yes, rest assured. Flanders has just announced that the UK's fiscal deficit is under control. There were concerns about our national debt, but now, thanks to Osborne's cuts, there aren't anymore.

What are the odds that Steff might be 'surprised' again this year, and not just about above target inflation!

We have lucky to have Dave and George at the wheel (honest :P), pity about the rocks on all four sides mind :rolleyes:

new year, fresh sheet of A4 Ruled.

Under control? Don't make me laugh.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/8217823/UK-borrowing-hits-new-record-as-Government-spending-jumps.html

Public sector net borrowing jumped to £23.3bn in November - excluding bailing out the banks - the highest for any month since the Office for National Statistics (ONS) began its records in 1993.

Looks like the BBC are doing their usual propaganda bit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/8217823/UK-borrowing-hits-new-record-as-Government-spending-jumps.html

Public sector net borrowing jumped to £23.3bn in November - excluding bailing out the banks - the highest for any month since the Office for National Statistics (ONS) began its records in 1993.

Is she genuinely thick, i.e. does she really believe in what she says?

Or does she have a secret stash of the yelllow shiny stuff? B)

Funnily enough, the Mail editorial is talking up the economy today too - and accusing the BBC of talking it down.

Britain can defy the gloom again in 2011

Twelve months ago, Britain awoke dreading what the New Year had in store. In the grip of recession, a punch-drunk Labour government was spending billions the country did not have.

The nation’s deficit was out of control, raising the terrifying prospect of a sovereign debt crisis, and three million people were projected to be unemployed by the end of the year.

Yet a year on the picture couldn’t be more different. Who can deny that 2010 has ended with Britain in far better shape than anyone anticipated?

Synopsis of the rest - Cameron is a natural leader . . . political dexterity . . . FTSE is up making millions for pensioners . . . historically low interest rates mean millions can payoff their mortgages - etc.etc.

Read more:

It's all such happy, prosperous news that I used a fresh teabag for my second cup this morning.

Who can deny that 2010 has ended with Britain in far better shape than anyone anticipated?

Erm ... quite a few people actually (and with good reason). :blink::lol:

Funnily enough, the Mail editorial is talking up the economy today too - and accusing the BBC of talking it down.

It's all such happy, prosperous news that I used a fresh teabag for my second cup this morning.

I'm breaking open a new packet of custard creams myself!

This guy, Ken . . . take it from me . . will never get a job with 'The Mail' or 'The Express'.

It's just off the wall scaremongering.

. . . It will soon be the shortest, darkest day of the year, . . . There is a world of worry out there,

The Eurozone . . . .As I wrote recently, This Sucker This Going Down . . And that's not all

Rising oil prices, Korean dictators, over-priced equities. . .

I admit, he might be technically accurate but . . he just shouldn't say things like that, should he? I mean, it just isn't responsible journalism.