House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Female Chinese Students Resort To Eating Roundworm Eggs To Ensure They Look Thin For Job Interviews

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1342985/Female-Chinese-students-resort-eating-roundworm-eggs-ensure-look-job-interviews.html

Female students in China have been eating roundworm eggs to lose weight for job interviews - because employment is so hard to come by.

They hatch in the stomach, allowing those who take them to shed pounds without exercising or dieting in the Xiamen, China.

But swallowing the worms is extremely dangerous - and definitely not to be recommended for those wanting to shed the pounds in the New Year.

With jobs shortages across the country, women in China are under pressure to appear thin if they are to have any chance of landing a role.

Employment stands at 22 per cent - and the size of the labour pool has grown by 112 million people over the last decade to more than one billion people.

Other students are staring at pictures for hours on end to suppress their appetite so they can shed excess weight.

Incredible if this is true, do thin girls get the jobs? I can remember reading about South Koreans spending huge sums cosmetic surgery to get jobs but this is just as insane.

Anyone here consider doing something as mental to get a job?

Incredible if this is true, do thin girls get the jobs? I can remember reading about South Koreans spending huge sums cosmetic surgery to get jobs but this is just as insane.

Anyone here consider doing something as mental to get a job?

Yup it is true, in HK you can find adverts for such clinics just over the border in Guangzhao and Donguaan as well. There was even an MTR advert which showed a woman getting a job after losing weight. My own theory is that the one child rule means children are spoilt like crazy and with a diet increasing in meat and fast food it is catching up with them. Though HK girls don't actually appear to get fat even though they eat incredible amounts and snack like crazy.

But yeah there is competition for jobs and one way is to look good, rumours abound that the casting couch even happens now and again, though this is just a rumour. If the CCP caught them in the act they'd probably be congratulated.

I'd note that this is nothing new either.

Eating roundworm is eggs is very very silly. Round worms are very small and won't eat enough to make you thin. The only thing you will notice, is that you will get one hell of an uncontrollable itch up your anus, which you cannot reach or stop. It will drive you crazy.

A much more modern, scientific and sensible approach is to introduce a tape worm....then you will really shift the pounds.

A related issue is the theory that the rise of irritable bowel syndrome is down to the lack of intestinal parasites because the gut has evolved to deal with them.

This was tested by giving a worm egg to somebody, this cured their IBS and it continued to be cured even after the worm had been eliminated.

Makes sense, I know somebody who got roundworm off (he thinks) a dodgy kebab and other than the aforementioned itch it caused him no discomfort.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/44092.php

Edit to put in a link.

A related issue is the theory that the rise of irritable bowel syndrome is down to the lack of intestinal parasites because the gut has evolved to deal with them.

This was tested by giving a worm egg to somebody, this cured their IBS and it continued to be cured even after the worm had been eliminated.

Makes sense, I know somebody who got roundworm off (he thinks) a dodgy kebab and other than the aforementioned itch it caused him no discomfort.

Edit to put in a link.

Interesting theory.

I know a few people who've got this I'll suggest it as a cure.

Interesting theory.

I know a few people who've got this I'll suggest it as a cure.

There's a lot of clinical trials using worms to deal with immune disorders. I have vague recollection of their being a trial for MS and a number of other immune system driven degenerative diseases. Also Crohn's disease and gluten intolerance. My cousin, who is badly gluten intolerant, considered getting involved in one of the trials, but in the end backed out as it would have been too inconvenient with 2 small children. She has been following them closely. It does appear, in many cases, to be very effective.

On a related note, one theory as to why asthma and other immune type disorders are increasing, apart from small particle pollution, is that we are continually breaking the surface protection of our skin by washing our hands with soap too much/bathing too regularly etc. Funny how scientific/social advances such as improved hygiene turn out to be not to be simple panaceas.

Edit to put in a link.

Agree - there is loads of evidence linking the removal of Helminthic parasites from the human gut and the rise of auto immune diseases.

Currently two big trials using Hookworm and Whipworm at Nottingham and Wisconsin Unis respectively to treat multiple sclerosis.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/research/get_involved_in_research/clinical_trials/wirms1.html

http://www.med.wisc.edu/news-events/news/volunteers-needed-for-uw-madison-clinical-trial-of-multiple-sclerosis-therapy/27052

Is it legal to sell them on ebay?

there are at least two legit biotech companies that sell hookworm / whipworm probiotics however they both conduct signifiant screening of clients before determining suitability.

Treatment is basically for autoimmune diseases - asthma, ulcerative colitis, crohns, MS etc. May also be suitable for Lupus and its suggested Autism may have an auto immune origin.

Eating roundworm is eggs is very very silly. Round worms are very small and won't eat enough to make you thin. The only thing you will notice, is that you will get one hell of an uncontrollable itch up your anus, which you cannot reach or stop. It will drive you crazy.

A much more modern, scientific and sensible approach is to introduce a tape worm....then you will really shift the pounds.

You are thinking of threadworm or pinworm (Enterobius), a tiny common parasite found in children (even common here in the uk). Roundworm (Ascaris) is far more scary. These grow to about 20cm long and can indeed make people thin, especially when they infest the body in large numbers and can block the digestive system entirely. eeeuuuggghhhhh

This nasty is more common in countries with poor sanitation. And yes, tapeworm will also do the trick.