House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Who Is Staying Home For New Years Eve And Depriving The Economy?

I am. Never got into NY Eve stuff and all that revelry based on the fact that another year has passed. Might crack a bottle of New Zealand Cabernet Sav open and down a dram or two of Glen Morangie but that is about it.

2010 was not a good year: :(

1. If you were looking for a cheap house
2. if you were wanting to see the banksters punished
3. if you were hoping to see masses of EAs go bust
4. if you wanted Higher IR on your savings
5. If you thought we had a progressive government in place

2011 looks a lot more promising. :D

So:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY, YOU HAVE ALL DONE VERY WELL!!

Yes, not a good year financially - don't mind admitting I am worse off financially at the end of 2010 than at the start simply through inflation and f-all return on savings.

I probably will stay in tonight and refrain from whoring and hiring hookers in 2011 - joking aisde, I am amazed just how many ladies are now openly requiring a 'tribute' or who want their walls plastered or a kitchen fitted, etc... in the wording of adverts on dating sites... All ages, all types seemingly.

I think, via the dating sites, you are seeing some serious economic situations being played out by more and more women who appearing to be wanting cash up front from any 'suitors'. (I don't look at the Mens' ads so have no idea if the blokes are doing likewise.).

I can't fake it anymore and pretend I care about big ben striking midnight, so I'll probably give it a miss :unsure:

Quite right about it being a young man's thing, it was always a big event when I was big into my clubbing, now the fake sincerity and kissing strangers and all that seems a little too contrived

I think the best description I've seen of NYE is "amateurs night"

Have kids so haven't been out on NYE for years.

Don't give a tinkers cuss about it anyway, load of crap going out and spending money on overpriced drinks and crap anyway - did it when I was younger but not ar$ed now.

Have plenty of booze in anyway to drink myself into a stupor :lol:

This year has been horrendous anyway so I'm glad to see the back of it, what with the ex making false accusations about me and having to return to the family court system. horrendous year, glad to kiss it on the **** goodbye.

Roll on 2011 and some Karma!!!!

Quite right about it being a young man's thing, it was always a big event when I was big into my clubbing, now the fake sincerity and kissing strangers and all that seems a little too contrived

Certainly comes with age, when you are in your teens and early 20's another year going by is another year to look forward to, a symbol of a fresh start and a new horizon.

When you are in your mid to late 30's and on wards its another year crossed off a list which is rapidly getting smaller and smaller.

Shall celebrate with a bottle of Champagne we have had in the fridge since Christmas, backed up with some port which we got free after a mix up with a hamper company.

No Chance. At 26, I feel 'old before my time' but I just simply can't be bothered. Haven't been 'out' i.e. clubbing for a couple of years now. What's the point in paying £60 for a taxi, £15 club entry and £6 a drink to have your ears blasted off and be forced to dance which is something I dislike.

Far better to spend the night in with a takeaway if you ask me.

Mind you if we house prices are 20% down next year, I may go out and celebrate.

Partaaayy!

We've got all our friends coming to our house tonight. Mums been to iceland and I've bought some alcohol and intend to be a bit tipsy by midnight and totally trollied by about 1ish :D

Happy new year everyone.

No Chance. At 26, I feel 'old before my time' but I just simply can't be bothered. Haven't been 'out' i.e. clubbing for a couple of years now. What's the point in paying £60 for a taxi, £15 club entry and £6 a drink to have your ears blasted off and be forced to dance which is something I dislike.

Far better to spend the night in with a takeaway if you ask me.

Mind you if we house prices are 20% down next year, I may go out and celebrate.

+1

I'm coming on 28 and haven't been out on NYE for probaly four years. It costs a fortune, the clubs and pubs are so busy you can't get to the bar. There's good chance you'll get attacked by drunken morons and it will be a nightmare trying to get home! It's always built up to be such a good night and it's always a let down.

I'll be staying home with a couple of beers I think.

First time in our lives me and Mrs Papag are staying in cant be bothered being let down by Taxis also being robbed in fare increases when they do come ,not to mention the extortionate prices in the decent bars, mind you we wont miss the late night ruck's when all the drunks get kicked out of the bars after midnight tonight, will just have to catch up with it all on the next drunken Britain TV show

I am. Never got into NY Eve stuff and all that revelry based on the fact that another year has passed. Might crack a bottle of New Zealand Cabernet Sav open and down a dram or two of Glen Morangie but that is about it.

2010 was not a good year: :(

1. If you were looking for a cheap house
2. if you were wanting to see the banksters punished
3. if you were hoping to see masses of EAs go bust
4. if you wanted Higher IR on your savings
5. If you thought we had a progressive government in place

2011 looks a lot more promising. :D

So:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY, YOU HAVE ALL DONE VERY WELL!!

well, 2010 was a pretty good year for me all in all. I got back into full time work in March after 6 months on the dole, i had a holiday in the wife's country of Malta and me kids had a great time going home again. I managed to save a few quid and enjoyed christmas looking at a rather healthy bank balance. I quit drinking as i was a border line alcoholic and with the medicine i'm taking i feel i can quit a 22 year progressively hard drinking habit. I've been smoking cannabis as it takes the edge of the alcohol problem, but am all out of smoke now. So enjoy your news years eve ya all and have a drink for me, i'll be sipping coca cola

+1

I'm coming on 28 and haven't been out on NYE for probaly four years. It costs a fortune, the clubs and pubs are so busy you can't get to the bar. There's good chance you'll get attacked by drunken morons and it will be a nightmare trying to get home! It's always built up to be such a good night and it's always a let down.

I'll be staying home with a couple of beers I think.

the cost isnt really an issue, its more the atmosphere.

im 28 and started going to clubs at 16, now i despise them, probably only been in one a few times the last 5 or 6 years, and the thing i hate about them is you cant here a thing when you are there so people end up chewing your eye and you just nod and agree not knowing what the F*** they were saying, then theres the smell :wacko:

I don't think I've ever, ever had a good nye night out. Early 30s, live in London, so out and about doing stuff all the time anyway. Quite why anyone would like to celebrate the onset of January (which is a rubbish month) by blowing £200 is beyond me. Bottle of posh plonk with the missus, few friends over, watch the fireworks from the windows, £200 into the deposit fund. Sorted.

Happy new year to all HPCers. It often feels like the last bastion of sanity on here. Cheers to you all!

Partaaayy!

We've got all our friends coming to our house tonight. Mums been to iceland and I've bought some alcohol and intend to be a bit tipsy by midnight and totally trollied by about 1ish :D

Happy new year everyone.

What's happening over there?

- joking aisde, I am amazed just how many ladies are now openly requiring a 'tribute' or who want their walls plastered or a kitchen fitted, etc... in the wording of adverts on dating sites... All ages, all types seemingly.

I think, via the dating sites, you are seeing some serious economic situations being played out by more and more women who appearing to be wanting cash up front from any 'suitors'. (I don't look at the Mens' ads so have no idea if the blokes are doing likewise.).

Yeah, you should probably avoid looking at materialisticwh0res.com

I'd like to see proof of these women as even I find this hard to believe!

the cost isnt really an issue, its more the atmosphere.

im 28 and started going to clubs at 16, now i despise them, probably only been in one a few times the last 5 or 6 years, and the thing i hate about them is you cant here a thing when you are there so people end up chewing your eye and you just nod and agree not knowing what the F*** they were saying, then theres the smell :wacko:

Loud music is intentional. So you can spend less time talking and more time drinking more, there are tons of little snippets online about how barmen will do all sorts of tricks to line his or her pockets

Cava's on ice...happy, healthy and prosperous new year to all. ;)

Kava is in the bag ready for the Chief to brew to numb our lips tonight.

Bula to you all.

Going to a house party with mates which I find far better. Problem I also find with many clubs these days is from the owners. So many now are just drug dealers using the clubs to hide their ill gotten gains. I can barely stand spending in them on a normal night, much less paying the New Years eve rip off prices to the scum associated with these places

I'll say one thing for the millennium, it killed off the atmosphere of New years eve ever since. .

Staying in - Something black and mysterious is waiting for me in the fridge - Guinness :P

Same here - especially the Guinness!! B)

Happy New Year to you all! ^_^

Yeah, you should probably avoid looking at materialisticwh0res.com

I'd like to see proof of these women as even I find this hard to believe!

Why - are you a gullible person easily taken in by anything you read online? :P