House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Miyagi

Just Cancelled My Sky Hd And Broadband Subscription

Austerity has officially landed at the Miyagi household. Having looked at my sky account I can’t really justify spending £60 a month for what is essentially broadband with a bit of discovery, history channel and the odd movie.

I have already got a new free sat hd recorder so my limited T.V viewing is sorted, but I now need a new broadband supplier. I have looked at plus net and can get fast broadband (8mb) with an 8gb monthly allowance (unlimited in between 12 and 7) and with a bit of jiggery pokery I can use my existing sky router so I need not sign up for a 12 month contract.

Has anyone here with plusnet is the service good or bad?

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Edit to add Plusnet is 6.49 per month, so pretty good value

Austerity has officially landed at the Miyagi household. Having looked at my sky account I can’t really justify spending £60 a month for what is essentially broadband with a bit of discovery, history channel and the odd movie.

I have already got a new free sat hd recorder so my limited T.V viewing is sorted, but I now need a new broadband supplier. I have looked at plus net and can get fast broadband (8mb) with an 8gb monthly allowance (unlimited in between 12 and 7) and with a bit of jiggery pokery I can use my existing sky router so I need not sign up for a 12 month contract.

I did this when we str'd. Got a freeview box and never looked back.

We still cant find anything to watch but now I dont have to go through 400 channels of sh1t and repeats to confirm it :D

we use the post office as a broadband provider, they were the best deal around at the time believe it or not.

I did this when we str'd. Got a freeview box and never looked back.

We still cant find anything to watch but now I dont have to go through 400 channels of sh1t and repeats to confirm it :D

we use the post office as a broadband provider, they were the best deal around at the time believe it or not.

I have my line rental with the post office I'll look in to it.

Austerity has officially landed at the Miyagi household. Having looked at my sky account I can't really justify spending £60 a month for what is essentially broadband with a bit of discovery, history channel and the odd movie.

I have set both my Aunt [82] and my mother [84] up with Plusnet in the last 18 months. Both are working great, one in Scotland and one on the Isle of Wight, with no complaints. I can thoroughly recommend them. I no longer have to take support phone calls from either of them on their broadband isp's, which I did when they were on AOL. The only reason I'm with Orange is that I get it cheaper as a contract customer.

Austerity has officially landed at the Miyagi household. Having looked at my sky account I can't really justify spending £60 a month for what is essentially broadband with a bit of discovery, history channel and the odd movie.

I've used Zen for over ten years, not cheap but faultless performance, never dropped out, always top DL/UL speeds and friendly aftersales service.

Best call centre performance I have ever had, if the call is likely to take sometime then they'll call you back.

You really do get what you pay for.

Idnet - www.idnet.net

Proper broadband provider rather than some half-arsed outfit who don't care about customers.

I use them for my line rental, calls and broadband.

Not the cheapest but who cares?

I've recommended them to about 20 people now and no complaints from any of them.

I cancelled Sky a couple of years ago and replaced it with....

BE Unlimited for broadband about £18 per month.... Excellent.

Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat box. Box was about £275, most satellite channels except movies.

Lovefilm for movies. £16 per month for top movie package, 3 DVDs or BluRays at home at any time.

Much better for my needs.

We have Plusnet. Our line is utterly crap (not their fault, we are 3+ miles from the exchange), but the service works, and when I needed to call them up about something, they answered the phone and dealt with it effectively. For £5.99 a month, they're brilliant.

We have Plusnet. Our line is utterly crap (not their fault, we are 3+ miles from the exchange), but the service works, and when I needed to call them up about something, they answered the phone and dealt with it effectively. For £5.99 a month, they're brilliant.

You called Plusnet and they answered the phone...I'm genuinely shocked.

With Talk Talk for boardband as it's free, not had too many problems with it. Been quite reliable.

Avoid the biz arm of talk talk 'Opal' like the plague, took 5 weeks to install, when it should have been a week & hidden £300 cancellation charge.

Re: Tv.....

http://www.whitedot.org/issue/iss_front.asp