House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

How Far Would You Travel For A Date?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1342928/Are-Lodder-Singletons-prepared-travel-average-23-miles-date.html

Impressing someone on a first date used to be as simple as picking a nice restaurant, wearing the right clothes, or telling a good joke.

But the explosion in online dating means that travelling a long way for a first meeting is now just as important to please the object of your desire.

Singletons are prepared to journey 23 miles on average for a first date – a phenomenon known as 'lodding', or long-distance dating.

Other trips daters said they would be willing to undertake included the 100 miles between Bristol and London, 96 miles from Manchester to Birmingham and 75 miles from Leeds to Newcastle.

So how far would you travel for first date?

Are these people expecting to stay the night if they are travelling so far?

Not sure I'd want to travel so far seems far too complex organising a relationship with so much travelling and if you do decide your perfect for each other is one then expected to give up their job and move?

Travelled to Houston, Texas, ten years ago from UK. Spent a week with the lady and met her family.

Had a great time and visited The Alamo and Houston space centre...

I looked upon it as one big adventure and a way to visit TX and also be shown around....

I didnt make any false promises to her and her neither. We weighed each other up online for five months before I bought a plane ticket.

Dont regret a thing. She was mature enough not to look upon it as a marriage proposal...

I never saw her again once I returned to the UK, but we remain friends and e mail each other occasionally.

Travelled to Houston, Texas, ten years ago from UK. Spent a week with the lady and met her family.

I looked upon it as one big adventure and a way to visit TX and also be shown around....

I didnt make any false promises to her and her neither. We weighed each other up online for five months before I bought a plane ticket.

Dont regret a thing. She was mature enough not to look upon it as a marriage proposal...

I never saw her again once I returned to the UK, but we remain friends and e mail each other occasionally.

Awesome. How did you cope with the stigma attached to something so unusual, especially 10 years ago? I can imagine you got some stick.

Isn't there some kind of beauty coefficient, the distance travelled being proportionally related to it?

Or am I shallow? :unsure:

Isn't there some kind of beauty coefficient, the distance travelled being proportionally related to it?

Or am I shallow? :unsure:

The guy next door should be beautiful due to proximity or the guy 100 miles away should be beautiful otherwise why the ****** would I have travelled all that way to meet him and he turned out to be rather mediocre bordering on repulsive? I can see a connection between effort/time expended to meet someone and their perceived beauty.

How far is Taipei? Yup I've been to Taipei to visit a girl I know. But then strangely enough she's visited me a few times too.... but it's worth it she has shall we say excellent muscle control ;):DB)

I hope she's not one of those Chinese birds, eating worm eggs, from another thread! :huh:

I travelled from London to Chicago.

She is now Mrs Darkman B)

How far is Taipei? Yup I've been to Taipei to visit a girl I know. But then strangely enough she's visited me a few times too.... but it's worth it she has shall we say excellent muscle control ;):DB)

That's a long way to go for a game of pingpong.