House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jonesinamillion

Physical Pms

So then folks; I'm just starting out in this game, mainly for my daughters future rather than investment for myself (so paying top whack at the moment!).

I was just wondering, how much physical PMs you've got? {Gold mining shares next me thiks!)

So far I've aquired 2x 1oz krugers and a kilo bar of silver (had 20gm platinum but weighed it in as I'd made 400% on her!)... you lot?

So then folks; I'm just starting out in this game, mainly for my daughters future rather than investment for myself (so paying top whack at the moment!).

I was just wondering, how much physical PMs you've got? {Gold mining shares next me thiks!)

So far I've aquired 2x 1oz krugers and a kilo bar of silver (had 20gm platinum but weighed it in as I'd made 400% on her!)... you lot?

5% of my networth.

5% of my networth.

I haven't got a net worth :lol: ...

-ve equity on the house and no other savings / invesments to speak of (for the moment).

Being made redundant recently has made me realise how fragile ones finances can be, but having said that I've landed another job immediatley so it's come good.

I just want an investment for my daughter that is "away from banks" , is almoust unnacountable and couldn't be swallowed up if for example I couldn't keep up mortgage repayments.

I just want an investment for my daughter that is "away from banks" , is almoust unnacountable and couldn't be swallowed up if for example I couldn't keep up mortgage repayments.

Buy her a solid silver cutlery set maybe? I saw one on ebay reputed to be solid silver. Guy doesn't even list it as silver by my calculations it might be 40-130 troz oz of silver in there and the price is about £55! This actually makes me wonder about my dad's collection of gold. Since he once had a massive cutlery set which was gold plated. Plate may well be thin but it was a 200 piece set!

At current gold prices round 80%. Virtually all sovereigns with a few krugerrands and britannias. The sovs and brits attract no capital gains tax which is nice :)