House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mutron

Buying Hard Palladium

where is the best place to buy physical?

i got my silver from coininvestdirect

not sure if i wanna go with bairds

is there a country i can travel to without vat and buy there?

where is the best place to buy physical?

i got my silver from coininvestdirect

not sure if i wanna go with bairds

is there a country i can travel to without vat and buy there?

you dont pay VAT with an etfs. I have recently bought a load of PHPD etfs http://www.etfsecurities.com/msl/etfs_physical_palladium.asp

i dont think there are many palladium coins around although the US is due to issue some soon.

Guernsey Mint for VAT-free purchases. Speak to Bruce. The showroom is great too. No VAT on anything unless you take it off the island, silver or palladium.

I checked out the prices of guernsey mint. Looks like they have the vat priced into them already with their prices.

Now who would do such an illegal thing.... And you'd have to factor in the price of the flight or ferry. I can't see it would be worth it, myself.

Edited by Old Nis

I checked out the prices of guernsey mint. Looks like they have the vat priced into them already with their prices.

I wouldn't say the VAT has actually been priced in. More like the "duty free" price is higher than the UK price without VAT. Have you checked the price of 5-kilo bar bullion? There was definitely a valid price differential when I last enquired. "Name-brand" coins such as Phillys are also cheaper than Coininvestdirect, particularly for large orders. But the price assumes storage within the States, not bringing them back and paying the VAT, unless you then reclaim the VAT through a small business.

If you do that, it's definitely cheaper.