House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Banner

Buy Now And Beat The V A T Increase

I keep seeing store ads on TV "Buy now beat the VAT increase".

What's the betting they'll all absorb the increase until their sales are over.

I am sick of the media pumping this rate rise crap as a way of getting people into the high street.

I dont think that even the tabloid readers are about to rush out and spend spend spend just to save £2.50 for every £100 blown.

Fecking morons anyone that does.

I filled my car with petrol today cos it will be a couple of quid more expensive next week and although it isn't a great amount I would still rather have it myself than give it to the government.

I filled my car with petrol today cos it will be a couple of quid more expensive next week and although it isn't a great amount I would still rather have it myself than give it to the government.

That is a very selfish attitude Harry. I thought that you, of all people, would have been happy to chip in whilst you can. :D

That's tax avoidance, just leke yer man Green :rolleyes:

I am sick of the media pumping this rate rise crap as a way of getting people into the high street.

I dont think that even the tabloid readers are about to rush out and spend spend spend just to save £2.50 for every £100 blown.

Fecking morons anyone that does.

Is there VAT on shipping costs?

Or is that tax only for GOODS and not services?

Is there VAT on shipping costs?

Or is that tax only for GOODS and not services?

Stamps and other Royal Mail postage does not have VAT on it. Things like TNT and UPS do.

Beat the VAT increase by not buying anything.

It would appear from my limited trips to the local shops that indeed is what many are doing.

The shops are empty of shoppers from what I've seen. Although to be honest it's hardly a representative sample of the UK high street.