House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

history repeats

Landlord Arrested In Jo Yeates Murder Case

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12092600

Jo Yeates is now a possible victim of the vastly overpriced housing in the UK.

Both young professionals they were both presumably forced into renting due to rampant HPI. If she owned her own home she would not have fallen into the clutches of the mad landlord with the spare key.

I remember at Uni our landlord regularly let himself in to collect his post etc.

Shame on all the UK house price rampers and vested interests. You have caused massive problems for the young couples who simply want to OWN their own home. Shame on Krusty, Shame on the BBC, shame on all the vested interests ramping at every opportunity. I will not shed a tear for all those stuck in negative equity over the coming years, the bankers can rot in hell shame on you all.

Jo Yates is now a possible victim of the vastly overpriced housing in the UK.

Both young professionals they were both presumably forced into renting due to rampant HPI. If she owned her own home she would not have fallen into the clutches of the mad landlord with the spare key.

I remember at Uni our landlord regularly let himself in to collect his post etc.

Shame on all the UK house price rampers and vested interests. You have caused massive problems for the young couples who simply want to OWN their own home. Shame on Krusty, Shame on the BBC, shame on all the vested interests ramping at every opportunity. I will not shed a tear for all those stuck in negative equity over the coming years, the bankers can rot in hell shame on you all.

Here, here.

Spiney.

They dished it out on the way up, they can take it on the way down. On the BDEV boards some are saying how the house price indices were flawed - they were happy to use them on the way up! Gets on my nerves.

Not as bad (obviously!!) as the murder case, but in order to try and save a deposit I've taken to the stock market and lost approx 8% of total savings on it. Taking a lot of money out of there now... Going to just sit tight at home and let the puny interest build on my savings in a 'safe' bank account. It'll be rising more than housing will be so that will do me fine.

Jo Yates is now a possible victim of the vastly overpriced housing in the UK.

Check out Channel 4 tonight for 3 hours and 20 minutes of Krusty. She will tell us how we all got rich through HPI in 'A Decade of Property'. To show how fabulous she is she will help an amputee from the armed forces find his first home in 'Home for Heroes' and to show us she is real cute and can laugh at herself we have 'Phil and Kirsties embarrasing bits'

Its all enough to make you throw up!

More likely a victim of the rigsby and rachman type people the industry of rental housing attracts in this country. Even when theyre on homes under the hammer most landlords seem more bent than a nine bob note.

They dished it out on the way up, they can take it on the way down. On the BDEV boards some are saying how the house price indices were flawed - they were happy to use them on the way up! Gets on my nerves.

Not as bad (obviously!!) as the murder case, but in order to try and save a deposit I've taken to the stock market and lost approx 8% of total savings on it. Taking a lot of money out of there now... Going to just sit tight at home and let the puny interest build on my savings in a 'safe' bank account. It'll be rising more than housing will be so that will do me fine.

Just read on Money-mail that it will take an average of 17 years to save for a deposit for an average house.

Good luck in the Stock market it may be a very bumpy ride 2012

16 months ago I got p!ssed off with the crap savings rates I was getting and did the same, over that time I'm up 122%, thanks for your contribution :P , you won't see that in a bank account. And for any who say there is risk, apparently there is significant risk in holding cash in the bank via the fact they are insolvent and the CB is engaged in a theft of your money to bailout the feckless.

Just read on Money-mail that it will take an average of 17 years to save for a deposit for an average house.

Good luck in the Stock market it may be a very bumpy ride 2012

In the 1980s. when I got married, all my friends and us could buy a house...today, people the same age are priced out....and if they have managed to scrape on the ladder, then invariably they live a life of poverty.

Check out Channel 4 tonight for 3 hours and 20 minutes of Krusty. She will tell us how we all got rich through HPI in 'A Decade of Property'. To show how fabulous she is she will help an amputee from the armed forces find his first home in 'Home for Heroes' and to show us she is real cute and can laugh at herself we have 'Phil and Kirsties embarrasing bits'

Its all enough to make you throw up!

I saw the advert for that and nearly vomited. If she was really trying to help the bloke she would have done this in her own time with not a TV camera in site.

Interesting theory.

God, I wouldn't like to be a landlord and come up against a jury of my HPC peers. Worst still, an HPC judge, even for a minor parking misdemeanour:

blackcap.jpg

:lol:

Consider yourself "judged" Mr Durch! We all are! ;)

God, I wouldn't like to be a landlord and come up against a jury of my HPC peers. Worst still, an HPC judge, even for a minor parking misdemeanour:

blackcap.jpg

:lol:

The minute I saw this guy interviewed on Sky my first word to my good lady was It was him, He looks like a stereotype Dirty old man / Pedo and when I found out he was a landlord that was 100% confirmed

They should all be charged en-block with conspiracy to murder :D

Bottom line is we need better tenancy rights in the UK. Not sure what could be done but my brief encounters with landlords left a lot to be desired.

I simply never enjoyed the idea they can just walk into the house any time with a key to every door.

Bottom line is we need better tenancy rights in the UK. Not sure what could be done but my brief encounters with landlords left a lot to be desired.

I simply never enjoyed the idea they can just walk into the house any time with a key to every door.

As they are not allowed by law to just walk in ... tenants should always change the locks.

A landlord that finds out you've changed the locks can only do so by breaking the law.

As they are not allowed by law to just walk in ... tenants should always change the locks.

A landlord that finds out you've changed the locks can only do so by breaking the law.

Yes and reality is something completely different especially for those at the bottom who can't afford a good landlord.

They do as they please, say what they please, deny what they please and allow in who they please.

122% over 16 months obviously doesn't buy you any class.

Personally I thought that relating the murder of a woman by some creepy b@stard to high house prices was in bad taste but there you go, each to thier own.

A wonderfully Pavlovian response. With a bit of imagination almost all problems can be ascribed to HPI and its progenitors. Safely so within the confines of a single-issue "community"....

In this case I think it's a step too far and somewhat self-servingly sick frankly.

Edit: Thank you Zebedee. I agree 100%.

Landlords never really get the fact they are not allowed to come in within prior notice. Lettings agents are even worse. The last property I rented the lettings people would arrange to show prospective new tenants around then not show up at the allotted time. I caught them out however when I took half a day off work. The lettings agent just swing the door open like owned the place only to be met with a right royal rollocking from myself and he was shown the door as quickly as he had entered.

Yes you are right about tenancy rights in the UK. They need to be strengthened because at the moment they are too loose and in the favor of the landlord. Now that renting is becoming the norm because of HPI we need better protection and rights for the army of UK tenants that are FORCED into renting.

I hate the fact that that front door can swing open at any time due to rouge lettings agents and bad landlords.

A wonderfully Pavlovian response. With a bit of imagination almost all problems can be ascribed to HPI and its progenitors. Safely so within the confines of a single-issue "community"....

In this case I think it's a step too far and somewhat self-servingly sick frankly.

Edit: Thank you Zebedee. I agree 100%.

It's topical, get over it. I assume you are probably a landlord. Landlords are just above murderers and rapists in social status on this forum.

Should lock up all the flippin' btl landlords - it's their inherent desire for injustice that will drive them to kill innocent kids, were not safe with them on the streets.

I can certainly understand the correlation between high house prices and being forced to rent with a bunch of individuals who normally I wouldn't sit next to on a bus.

It's certainly what ran through my mind when I had to rent two years ago.

Still it could have been worse, I could have rented the land lords other house in the adjoining street, to which the tenant there subsequently smashed to pieces much to the other tenants dissatisfaction.

Here it is in the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1342688/Joanna-Yeates-landlord-Chris-Jefferies-arrested-suspicion-murder.html

(They must agree on the "house price link", because ever property mentioned is photographed and its value stated. :lol: )

The fact that the flat is 'worth' £200,000 and her parents house is 'worth' £600,000 seems to be more important than the parasite kills host aspect of the story.

Surely the OP is satirising HPC-obsessives who see HPI as the root cause of just about everything?

i dont want to comment on this specific case, it hasn't gone to trial yet so nothing is proved. i do find it interesting that all the media are stressing the fact that he was the landlord. making a very big point of it in fact. i'm starting to think the wind may have changed in how we are told to see landlords.