House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Unsolved Murders List

Looks to me like there are far more unsolved murders of females over the years.

Although I believe far more males are murdered I think the solvability of murders is dependant on the motive. Women are much more likely to be the victim of a serial type killing and so there is no traceable motive.

One was not murder (at least not officially) and we know the identity of the hitman who killed Litvinenko.

The official (flawed) account of Litvinenko's demise was written by a PR agency.

Hitmen don't use polonium. Never did. Never will.

As with Kelly, there was no proper coroner's inquest - an extremely rare circumvention of the law.

I'm sure there are numerous serial killers in the uk, the problem is that the people they often target are not missed and probably never found.

If there are no clear motives then it gets even harder for the police.

Let's hope they get the right person.

I'm sure there are numerous serial killers in the uk, the problem is that the people they often target are not missed and probably never found.

If there are no clear motives then it gets even harder for the police.

Let's hope they get the right person.

Is there something the Stilson Strangler wants to tell us?

Personally I'd be surprised. On the whole serial killers are not rational people like you and I, the sort of person who commits serial killings normally has some motive somewhere, which leads to 2 things patterns and mistakes. The former are not the sort of stuff you see in fiction just a consequence of what motivates them.

With the odd exception they are driven to murder, it's not really a choice and ultimately they get caught because the act of killing is the drive and not the desire to get rid of a body in a complex way.

I note the unsolved murder of a young woman in Clifton, Bristol, in 1974 on that list. Interesting that the English teacher and BTL-er from Hell moved to that area in 1968...

Yes - Most Interesting...... Have you thought about a new career?

I know we shouldn't judge from appearences, but that BTL-er from hell looks really weird.

(My old Mum - bless her - is convinced he's guilty, because he wears lipstick and his eyebrows are dark and bushy!) :blink:

Looks like the Bristol murder squad must be avid HPC readers - mentioned on the radio this morning that their Cold Cases department is reviewing the 1974 case to see if there could be any possible connection to the Yeates murder.