House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Would You Dump The Love Of Your Life If They Got Fat?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1342630/My-husband-says-hell-divorce-I-fat.html

This past week I’ve been battling a ­gruesome bout of ­gastroenteritis. ­During the festive period, when my diet usually goes to pot, not a ­morsel has passed my lips.

While the rest of the world has gorged on calorific ­culinary delights, I have been in agony with stomach cramps.

My husband Pascal has been by my side constantly; caring and concerned, he has mopped my brow and even held my hair back as I vomited for the ­umpteenth time. He has behaved like the perfect spouse — well, almost.

While most husbands might whisper, ‘there, there, you’ll feel better soon darling’, instead I’ve had to listen to: ‘Imagine how much weight you’re ­losing! This is great for your figure!’

You see, in my household being slim isn’t something to aspire to — it’s an obligation. As Pascal likes to remind me: ‘I married you because you’re slim — I don’t want a fat wife.’

When I read in a recent survey that 42 per cent of men would be less attracted to their girlfriend if she gained half a stone, it didn’t surprise me. What did astonish me was only 5 per cent of men said they’d leave the ­relationship.

So last year, my Christmas present was an exercise bike, which has been prominently positioned in our living room — should I have the urge to fat-burn. Pascal will regularly check the ­kilometres I’ve peddled and how quickly I’ve managed it.

As my svelte 70-year-old mother-in-law cycles 20 kilometres in under 30 minutes daily, the bar has been set rather high. At times my marriage feels akin to a fat camp.

‘Why are you eating that? You’ve just lost some weight!’ Pascal will cry, if he catches me with a Snack bar (Calories? A mere 89).

A delightful fellow or just an ass?

For me it's a hard question to answer I think that at a certain size I'd be put off especially if they where eating themselves to death and just getting bigger and bigger, I don't think I could stay with them.

However this guy just appears to be a control freak.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1342630/My-husband-says-hell-divorce-I-fat.html

For me it's a hard question to answer I think that at a certain size I'd be put off especially if they where eating themselves to death and just getting bigger and bigger, I don't think I could stay with them.

He's a lardy b*stard himself.

He seems to be a nasty control freak who wants to have his cake and eat it, but not let his wife have any.

http://www.dailymail...orce-I-fat.html

Defo control freak. She should leave, and quick, before she loses all her confidence.unsure.gif

Crikey! Another "fat" thread! :o

article-1342630-0C9AA172000005DC-940_468x453.jpg

I'd be more sympathetic if he practised what he preaches.

She should look on the bright side. It's classic apple style fat which indicates he's got a higher risk of heart attack.

...nothing in any kind of excess is good, fat or thin bones uck!.....someone I knew, if they stood sideways and stuck their tongue out they looked like a zip. :P

He's a lardy b*stard himself.

He seems to be a nasty control freak who wants to have his cake and eat it, but not let his wife have any.

I agree with this. I have a friend???? who is in this kind of situation, she is quite a good looking lady but far to skinny for her own good, her partner thinks shes too fat.

The partner by the way is, fat, short, ugly and frankly a bit thick an assessment shared not only by me. He is also a control freak.

I agree with this. I have a friend???? who is in this kind of situation, she is quite a good looking lady but far to skinny for her own good, her partner thinks shes too fat.

The partner by the way is, fat, short, ugly and frankly a bit thick an assessment shared not only by me. He is also a control freak.

It's very difficult to get through to people in abusive relationships like that. It's like he's got munchausen-anorexia by proxy

I think when you can count ribs it's too skinny.

But research has shown that skinny people live longer... (Obviously not if you're starving yourself to death)

Well it is what is inside that counts. However you do 'fall in love' with a bit of the outside too. And if that changes over time in a manner you find quite unpleasant ? Then yes I can imagine how someone would perhaps think about leaving them.

May seem harsh but not really a great surprise.

I do like this bit from the bird

The problem is, throughout my adult life, I’ve always been slimmer when single. I gain weight in a relationship — romantic meals, nights in front of the TV, leisurely brunches at the weekend are all my downfalls.

No !! The reason you get fat in a relationship is because you are no longer on the lookout for a mate - so the way in which you look matters less to you. So you put less effort into it. Denial in the extreme from the female race !! Us blokes all know why you quite often put on weight after getting together with a bloke. Not rocket science. Don't try and con us with bull like the above !! And it goes for both sexes.

We are stupid but not that stupid. :D

And to be fair to the bloke he did make the 'leave you if you get fat' clear at the start of the relationship. And in the end even the bird admits it has done her good to get a kick up the **** from her man.

I’m slim, I’m healthy and, while it pains me to admit it, it’s all thanks to my husband

Then again - I do agree with others that he really should practice what he preaches.

And a final note - anyone else notice the survey about leaving their partner is only noted from one point of view. :rolleyes:

I bet the female survey was not hugely dissimilar. But we can't have the population knowing that birds can be just as ruthless, or in mane cases more ruthless, than us nasty blokes. Can we.

It's very difficult to get through to people in abusive relationships like that. It's like he's got munchausen-anorexia by proxy

I think when you can count ribs it's too skinny.

But research has shown that skinny people live longer... (Obviously not if you're starving yourself to death)

I could give many examples of things she has told me about the relationship that are frankly, WTF moments. Most of the time I'll change the subject, but on occasion I have told her that that behavior unacceptable. The bottom line is though is really none of my business.

I could give many examples of things she has told me about the relationship that are frankly, WTF moments. Most of the time I'll change the subject, but on occasion I have told her that that behavior unacceptable. The bottom line is though is really none of my business.

You can get sucked into an alternative reality that becomes the norm for you.

It's only when you escape that you realise just how weird your life was.

People stay for all sorts of reasons. Fear of being alone, fear of not having anywhere to live. etc.

You can get sucked into an alternative reality that becomes the norm for you.

It's only when you escape that you realise just how weird your life was.

Hey, its not that weird being in a relationship with a fatty. Your use of the word "escape" is a bit cruel.

People stay for all sorts of reasons. Fear of being alone, fear of not having anywhere to live. etc.

I agree. I'm sure their are many who would rather get used to their partners shape instead of leaving and be all alone and homeless.

:P:P:P

Hey, its not that weird being in a relationship with a fatty. Your use of the word "escape" is a bit cruel.

I agree. I'm sure their are many who would rather get used to their partners shape instead of leaving and be all alone and homeless.

:P:P:P

Wasn't meaning fattys - just abusive relationships.

Wasn't meaning fattys - just abusive relationships.

I know, just having some fun.

I guess in a way both are abusive although I'm sure its much worse to be in an abusive relationship than to no longer be attracted to your partner. At least one has a chance of reforming themselves with slight lifestyle changes.

I know, just having some fun.

I guess in a way both are abusive although I'm sure its much worse to be in an abusive relationship than to no longer be attracted to your partner. At least one has a chance of reforming themselves with slight lifestyle changes.

:)

I think some abused women think they can change and it'll make the nutter happy... or it's just something wrong with them.... just like being overweight is in the fattist relationship.

Is physical abuse worse than mental? At least if you have a black eye people might notice... being emotionally tortured is almost invisible until it's too late.

Crikey! What's wrong with you people?

You won't get a date with Uma Thurmann however hard you try! :huh:

:)

I think some abused women think they can change and it'll make the nutter happy... or it's just something wrong with them.... just like being overweight is in the fattist relationship.

Is physical abuse worse than mental? At least if you have a black eye people might notice... being emotionally tortured is almost invisible until it's too late.

Got to look at this from both sides. I am certain there are at least as many tortured blokes as birds. In fact if anything far more.

Got to look at this from both sides. I am certain there are at least as many tortured blokes as birds. In fact if anything far more.

Glutton for punishment. ;)

cmon, tell me who doesnt look at younger models and remember or drool.

Is fat really an issue compared to the question of who would trade her in for a younger model?

I have noticed that there seem to be far less fatties around than there were two or three years ago.

They must have been acting on your signature. ;)