House Price Crash Forum
exiges

House Price Set To Plummet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1342385/House-prices-set-plummet-10-2011.html#ixzz19X7hQrev

House prices are set to fall by up to ten per cent next year as Government spending cuts bite and the problems in the mortgage market continue, economists said today.

In a survey 50 out of 56 economists who expressed a firm view said house prices will fall again. Just six predicted they would rise.

They are expecting declines of between five per cent and ten per cent as households struggle with tight finances, rather than a house price crash.

Read the HPC section on what the media was saying the last time round.

Buy-to-let landlords will be hit the worst when it comes to distressed sales and insolvencies in the coming years, when IR cause a shortfall in repayment vs rental yields, especially so when buyers get better value for money in buying than in the rental markets. :ph34r:

Recently, the comments section of these articles read like a bear orgy - I'd like to think we aren't soley responsibe for this. However, I do enjoy giving a red arrow to strokers like beth who are utterly ignorant to the debilitating effects of expensive housing.

Recently, the comments section of these articles read like a bear orgy - I'd like to think we aren't soley responsibe for this. However, I do enjoy giving a red arrow to strokers like beth who are utterly ignorant to the debilitating effects of expensive housing.

I was just thinking the same thing. Massive u-turn in sentiments with public eager to poin out that low house prices are a good thing and cheering house prices is as crazy as cheering rising commodity prices. This revelation seems to be appearing time and time again - even making it into articles - where of course 'experts' are parroting this as if they've been saying it all along.

I was just thinking the same thing. Massive u-turn in sentiments with public eager to poin out that low house prices are a good thing and cheering house prices is as crazy as cheering rising commodity prices. This revelation seems to be appearing time and time again - even making it into articles - where of course 'experts' are parroting this as if they've been saying it all along.

Exactly! (Please see my sig. below.)

Great news that more people are realising that.

I think the best way to allow more people to see things better is to say "housing costs" instead of "house prices".

I think we should all try to remember to do that all the time, including when replying to articles in the main media.

Then you've got the classic comments like:

..Of course, the only people who want house prices to fall are those who hesitated when they had the chance to buy, and resent the fact that they missed the boat on the way up. They would see millions poorer just to suit them. See my other post on "atheist working class mentality".
You mean those 'wealthy' hard working individuals who scrimped and saved and went without luxuries so they could buy a house they could afford rather than people who believe that it should be handed to them on a plate?

You can smell the ignorance and fear...