Landlords - Why Are They All Weirdos?

pete.hpc

HOLA441
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

I don't know the area, but how does an ex-University lecturer (can't earn that much), end up owning a property that has to be upwards of £1 - 1.5M. Probably spends his much needed winter fuel allowance on poppers and rubber underwear...

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

glit.jpg

Separated at birth?

And you say that you can't judge by appearances.

In my limited experience landlords, and anyone else in a job where it matters not how they look or behave, look and behave pretty much how they please.

Sadly, I suspect it is not 'natural' to primp and mid your Ps & Qs.

PS. a lot on here fantasise about having enough wealth to be able to tell the world to 'swivel on it'.

I felt that way for a while but thinking about it, I don't want to tell the world to swivel, everyone will dislike you and think you weird.

I just want to tell a few selected individuals to swivel, preferably humiliating them publicly.

HOLA4417

It's curious that if you come within sniffing distance of kids at work you need a criminal records check, but if you provide accomodation for kids, families, or young ladies you get a key to their home and no crb check...

Perhaps we should lobby for mandatory crb checks for all landlords.... that would upset the mps :)

HOLA4418

It's curious that if you come within sniffing distance of kids at work you need a criminal records check, but if you provide accomodation for kids, families, or young ladies you get a key to their home and no crb check...

Perhaps we should lobby for mandatory crb checks for all landlords.... that would upset the mps :)

I think you should have to be a fit and proper person to be a landlord. That means CRB checks and proper guidelines about who is allowed keys. And encouraging tenants to take control of the locks on their own homes.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I try to avoid knee jerk reactions, but when I first saw that guy interviewed on TV he gave me the creeps straight away. Apart from the weird appearance, he was overtly tense and latently hostile.

He hasn't been charged with anything yet, so who knows. Hopefully they catch the killer with a cast iron case asap.

CRB checks for landlords is an excellent idea. One of those things where you wonder why they aren't law already.

HOLA4422

I imagine that comb over was the first thing that was suspect.

:lol::lol:

Excellent points!

Can't see why they should be exempt, for the reasons you give. Whether or not having CRB checks for all and sundry is right is besides the point, they currently are, and so landlords should be made to pass them too

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

You should start a thread on the main board with the idea.

HOLA4425

Archived