House Price Crash Forum
dammfoolman

Film: The Secret History Of The Global Financial Collapse.2010

For some reason the link doesn't show up in your post, but I can see the link when I reply to your post.

Is this something the site administrator needs to look at?

Anyhow, for others, here is the link that I could not see:

Oh... I still cant see it. if you put the following into the search window on youtube you should get the video:

ZWU65Zbka4E

Edited by trekking

For some reason the link doesn't show up in your post, but I can see the link when I reply to your post.

Is this something the site administrator needs to look at?

Anyhow, for others, here is the link that I could not see:

Oh... I still cant see it. if you put the following into the search window on youtube you should get the video:

ZWU65Zbka4E

Doh........ sorted - Adblock filtering out link. Sorry.

These videos should become mandatory viewing in all schools, WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT.

I know loads of bankers. I still don't think it has dawned upon most of them they were complicit. They were happy to take the dosh. Believed they were super human. They would take no criticism from 2002 -2008 and still cannot. They have gone underground (for the moment).

Put in the context of history its just the war between Capital v Labor thats been going on for hundreds of years.

Great find. Enjoyed part 1, now watching part 2. :)

Alistair Darling had cojones standing up to Hank Paulson! B)

Everything that has come out about Alistair Darling only seems to support the contention that he is a decent chap. Pity there aren't more of them in politics.

Anyone know where part 4 is? Searching youtube doesn't appear to bring it up.

So far downloaded parts 1-3 to watch.

I started watching it here using a Canadian Proxy server (found here) but it kept crashing every 3-4 mins so I gave up but until someone from Canada / with a Canadian IP records it and puts it on YouTube this is the only way I know to view part 4.

This is cracking stuff. LIAR LOANS/MORTGAGE FRAUD: DESTROYERS OF THE WORLD.

Yes but the sad thing is nothings changed. It all looks like it's all going to happen again. I think I preferred it when the banks stole our money and we didn't know they were doing it. It will be a great day if the million pound bonus comes to an end.

Yes but the sad thing is nothings changed. It all looks like it's all going to happen again. I think I preferred it when the banks stole our money and we didn't know they were doing it. It will be a great day if the million pound bonus comes to an end.

This is so true. Incredible isn't it!? :rolleyes:

in the final analysis it is not about how they react to a crisis of their own making - but whether they had actually avoided one in the first place.

EDIT: And with regard to the Lehman's deal itself, how did Barclays subsequent takeover differ from the original one apart from on price. I would assume that we are in effect still on the hook for whatever came over - if it went well then Barclays staff did well, but if it went badly for whatever reason I would expect the UK taxpayer would be expected to stump up to save them.

Don't forget that to recapitalise themselves the staff of Barclays basically sold a chunk of the bank (without the knowledge or agreement of the other shareholders) to middle eastern investors who I believe WERE LOANED THE MONEY BY BARCLAYS.

The Lehmans/Barclays stuff confused me too! Particularly with what Darling said! I read somewhere (can't remember where but deffo not the Daily Mail) that the US bankers and Paulson forgot the fact that the Barclay's deal for Lehmans had to go to a vote by the Barclay's shareholders and the latest that such a vote could be taken would have been mid-week AFTER the Lehmans Monday deadline...it was UK law that scuppered the deal!

Yet, Darling mentions that the taxpayer would have been lumbered with the deal had he allowed it to go through? Yet I thought Paulson was pressing him to bypass the law re: shareholder votes?

The only problem is it misses the big picture.

The joining of China and others to the world economy, the driving down of wages and the global trade imbalances that developed as a result of protectionist policies including currency manipulation. This led to massive surpluses they did not want to spend but were recycled back into deficit countries as credit boosting its supply.

Meanwhile on the demand for credit side, this was boosted by the narrow focus of cpi inflation measures and the low cost of goods.

An analysis that is basically racism masquerading as high brow economic theory.

While China's growth has indeed led to wage restraint in some sectors this has been more than offset by the reduction in price of goods on the shelves, the net result would have been an increase in the standard of living due to effective Chinese subsidies (currency manipulation) but the housing market got in the way. The Chinese are responsible for a lot of things, but one thing we have to take responsibilty for is the price of our own real estate.

Edited by Chef

You seem to be saying 2 things here: 1) our property market is not affected by long term interest rates, 2) China has done nothing to skew the price of long term interest rates via recycling their surplus into bond purchases.

Wrong on both fronts I believe. Funny how charges of racism come easier than engagement of brain, to some people,

These are valid points and I agree they have had an impact on the housing market, but what exactly are we supposed to do to prevent such activity? Cut off ties with China? Somehow prevent bond trading in the secondary markets? Ask British citizens to pay higher IRs on their debt, higher IRs on the national debt and higher prices in the shops?

All these "cures" are worse than the disease, which is why the China question is almost irrelevent imo.

Edited by Chef

Thanks for the links - been waiting for a prog like this for a while.

Bit low-brow for HPC regulars but well put together for ordinary punters.

<<MM>> Full of masonic 'symbolism' though!