House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Leniancy For Cc Debtors

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12074630

Credit card users will have a better chance of avoiding being surprised by sudden interest rate increases when a new set of rules is adopted.

New credit card rights

* Most expensive debt paid off first

* Borrowers can reject interest rate increases

* Right to clearer advice

* More choice over how to pay

* Control over credit limit

As long as people's limits get reduced as they reduce the debt so they can't have new debt.

* Most expensive debt paid off first

* Borrowers can reject interest rate increases

* Right to clearer advice

* More choice over how to pay

* Control over credit limit

I read that and just got p!ssed off, the 1st,3rd and 4th are fair, the second-they could always just pay off the card and limit thier borrowing until the jobs done and the last, well how about when they upped the limit they never held a gun to thier heads and made them spend D'uh.

It amazes me the number of people who 2 weeks into a month are talking about pay day so they can pay the credit card. My own mother is the same, I tried to tell her to do without one month and clear the debt so she would have extra every month instead of the bank getting the interest and she just said but she needs to spend it to make ends meet. How about not spending it now and being able to make ends meet for ever more AND have extra.