House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lagarde's Drift

Posting Books

I use Interparcel

They have recently updated their website and started advertising on TV but I have used them for a number of years. It's a broker service so you put in what you want to send and where it;'s going to and it finds the cheapest.

http://www.interparcel.com/

I have no association with them other than being a happy customer.

Did a basic quote for a 25K parcel and some are as low as £6, obviously depends on the size of the box and not just the weight and of course where it's going.

Need to post about 25kg of books to another town. I suspect Royal Mail will screw me for the package, so I'll probably be asking a courier to do it. Any suggestions?

dont put any stamps on.

Address the books and stick them in the post, let the receiver pay the postage. Cant get any cheaper than that :lol:

I use Interparcel

They have recently updated their website and started advertising on TV but I have used them for a number of years. It's a broker service so you put in what you want to send and where it;'s going to and it finds the cheapest.

http://www.interparcel.com/

I have no association with them other than being a happy customer.

Did a basic quote for a 25K parcel and some are as low as £6, obviously depends on the size of the box and not just the weight and of course where it's going.

+1

dont put any stamps on.

Address the books and stick them in the post, let the receiver pay the postage. Cant get any cheaper than that :lol:

Or write an illegible address on them, with no stamps, and give the recipent's address as the 'from' address. ;)

Thanks. Having to measure and weigh the damn things was quite useful, in that I could then go to the Royal Mail website and compare the prices. Astounding how much cheaper these broker websites are (how do the private couriers make money) than RM. No wonder nobody uses them anymore.

Thanks. Having to measure and weigh the damn things was quite useful, in that I could then go to the Royal Mail website and compare the prices. Astounding how much cheaper these broker websites are (how do the private couriers make money) than RM. No wonder nobody uses them anymore.

Because there is an army of grannies with nothing better to do than stand in a Post Office all day.

The real boon with the broker sites is they do the leg work, you often find, especially when sending overseas that the costs vary massively.