House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Swiss Franc Reaches All-Time High Against Dollar

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12087350

The Swiss currency has hit its highest ever level against the US dollar.

The dollar dropped to 94.5 Swiss centimes over lunchtime on Tuesday - an all-time low - before recovering slightly.

The US currency fell against most major currencies on Tuesday following weak housing and consumer confidence data.

The Swiss franc has risen against both the dollar and the euro ever since the 2008 financial crisis, thanks to its status as a safe haven within Europe.

Can we expect some more panic intervention from the Swiss central bank over this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12087350

Can we expect some more panic intervention from the Swiss central bank over this?

haha, i was just talking about the chf this earlier on link since then there have been 2 threads started , one proclaiming it as the ultimate safe haven , this one the other, hmmm when was the last time a specific thread on CHF was posted on HPc, let alone 2 in an hour, if thats not a signal to back up that its topping i dont know what is.

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-12087350

A dollar auction didn't go too well today, I believe.

U.S. sells 5-yr debt at highest yield since April

Indirect bidders, a group which includes foreign central banks, purchased 35.6%, versus an average of 43% of recent sales. Direct bidders, a group which includes domestic money managers, bought another 6.2%, compared to 11.2%, on average

I wonder who was buying the other 58.2%?

Yield on ten year bills up 13 bps today.

A dollar auction didn't go too well today, I believe.

U.S. sells 5-yr debt at highest yield since April

Saw that mentioned on the Guardian quoting Reuters.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/9426615

U.S. Treasuries extended earlier losses on Tuesday after a weak $35 billion auction of new five-year notes.

The notes were sold at a high yield of 2.15 percent and median yield of 2.08 percent, with a bid-to-cover ratio of 2.61 times.

Five-year notes were last down 15/32 in price to yield 2.13 percent. Benchmark 10-year notes dropped 28/32 to yield 3.44 percent.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/weak-5-year-auction-spooks-bonds-big-tail-when-issued

Today's $35 billion 5 Year auction closed surprisingly weak, pricing at a high yield of 2.149%, a huge tail as they were trading at 2.07% WI. The bond came at a 2.61 BTC, Indirects accounted for 35.6%, Directs for 6.2%, and the balance, or well over half, was soaked up by Primary Dealers, who had to make sure this auction was not a dud. As access to our Treasury database is limited those wanting to see the auction represented visually will have to take our word for it for just how ugly it was. We are confident the bond weakness will be misrepresented by the Kool Aid Krew as a very positive development for stocks.

It would appear the bankers bought them and then probably sold them back on to the Fed?

haha, i was just talking about the chf this earlier on link since then there have been 2 threads started , one proclaiming it as the ultimate safe haven , this one the other, hmmm when was the last time a specific thread on CHF was posted on HPc, let alone 2 in an hour, if thats not a signal to back up that its topping i dont know what is.

Untitled.png

Hmm, what to do? buy gold, buy chf, buy gold in chf? <_<

post-13987-0-77271700-1293573126_thumb.png

http://www.zerohedge...ail-when-issued

It would appear the bankers bought them and then probably sold them back on to the Fed?

From wiki

In response to the subprime mortgage crisis and to the collapse of Bear Stearns, on March 19, 2008, the Federal Reserve set up the Primary Dealers Credit Facility (PDCF), whereby primary dealers can borrow at the Fed's discount window using several forms of collateral including mortgage backed loans.

They can give the Fed crappy MBS in exchage for cash as long as they use it to buy treasuries.

So instead of holding MBS's they hold "secure" treasury bonds.

What a joke.

Untitled.png

Ssssshhhhhh, don't mention the g, you'll give people the awfull feeling of cognitive dissonance, it will result in anger, aggression, and other childish persuits.

:D

Untitled.png

:)

It doesn't matter in what currency you buy gold. Unless you borrow in that currency to buy the gold.