House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kinesin

Bailout And Ponzi Schemes Explained The Public

I watched 'The Other Guys' last night, a comedy buddy cop movie staring Ferrell & Wahlberg. The plot ends up in the the investigation of shady capitalist who has lost 32Bn and is attempting to recover those losses via some dodgy financial investment.

Anyway I found it interesting that the end credits described on a ponzi scheme works, the cost of the USA Tarp bailout & the growing imbalance between CEO pay and their employees.

Might have helped a few more of the population realise the numbers involved.

You're wasting your time. On all other forums I am considered a lunatic conspiracy theorist for telling people how it is. You say £5 trillion of debt!.

They'll type LOL admit it you made that up didn't you then post in that Austin Powers video when he talks about million dollars thing.

Or how everything is OK now that the deficit has been paid back. :unsure:

Or how my vision of the future is impossible can't happen to the UK, I men we're the UK not some 3d world african nation.

Even when you present them with the hard truth with citations so that it is absolutely undeniable, they will simply choose not to look and choose to live in ignorance. I see their point sometimes as if they are powerless to change it what use is it to know?

I changed my tact of course and simply talk about it less a lot less while making preparations in the background to ensure MY own well being.

You say anything technical and the interest is lost immediately.

That is not to say I haven't had some ardent followers who suddenly noticed and by coincidence I'm sure ended up emigrating.

Edited by ken_ichikawa

You're wasting your time. On all other forums I am considered a lunatic conspiracy theorist for telling people how it is.

dont worry Ken you are not alone

I told them about house prices in 2006 and they laughed

I told them the worst depression since 29 was on its way in 2007 and they scoffed

I advised them to buy gold at £400 oz and they still tell me as a long term investment its a crock of shit

The ony thing I've convinced them of so far is that the Royal family are really Lizard people

dont worry Ken you are not alone

I told them about house prices in 2006 and they laughed

I told them the worst depression since 29 was on its way in 2007 and they scoffed

I advised them to buy gold at £400 oz and they still tell me as a long term investment its a crock of shit

The ony thing I've convinced them of so far is that the Royal family are really Lizard people

I tried too 1888 but no-one gives a fig just so long as they have their identical cars, houses, wives, kids etc etc etc! The only way forward now is to step back and let armegeddon happen! Encourage them to buy the overpriced houses, cars, wives, kids and holidays because sooner or later it will all go "pop" big style!

yeah and while you're at it you might want to point out that there were no wings/engines/tail on the outside of the pentagon and no holes where they went into the pentagon. It has taught me so much about human nature that people simply can't compute that.

I tried too 1888 but no-one gives a fig just so long as they have their identical cars, houses, wives, kids etc etc etc! The only way forward now is to step back and let armegeddon happen! Encourage them to buy the overpriced houses, cars, wives, kids and holidays because sooner or later it will all go "pop" big style!

Most people will never progress beyond the mental age of a child when it comes to deferred gratification, life to them is all about "I want my marshmellow and I want I now!'

Kids & the Marshmallow Test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWW1vpz1ybo

Edited by enrieb