House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric pebble

175,000 Mortgages In Arrears By 2.5%+

...Sorry, but if people are in arrears now, they couldn't have afforded the property in the first place...this is before any high unemployment and with an ultra low base rate.....how much better they would have been if houses had stayed within reasonable income levels ie 2.5 x first and 1x second salary.

All this HPI (house price inflation) helps only those that own more than one and bought it for investment purposes :P not as a place to live....happy days. ;)

Sounds like interest rates must remain shot down otherwise we are FUBAR, or at least the over leveraged are.

Most of these people should have had a margin call years ago and then been shown the door - the door of their own house as they were told to sling their hook.

I wonder who is going to save these poor souls Mr Taxpayer?

To some it up.........

High House Price Inflation in the U.K = Epic Fail

Can we not just re-introduce LIAR LOANS and stick our heads in the sand for another decade?

Surely there must be a better solution than to allow those retched houses to fall in price?

Can we not just re-introduce LIAR LOANS and stick our heads in the sand for another decade?

Surely there must be a better solution than to allow those retched houses to fall in price?

Do you need a genuine pay slip for a 'liar loan' or do you work out how much you want, then create a wage that will cover it? :unsure:

Do you need a genuine pay slip for a 'liar loan' or do you work out how much you want, then create a wage that will cover it? :unsure:

That is EXACTLY how it is done....

Was speaking to a work colleague the other day - who told me how at least 2 mortgage brokers [one was Bradford & Bingley] asked him HOW MUCH HE WANTED TO SPEND ON A PROPERTY - and filled out the application form & "income" accordingly.....

IT WAS ENDEMIC. IS IT STILL? I reckon it is still going on in one form or another........

LIAR LOANS: DESTROYERS OF THE WORLD.... :rolleyes:

I think Miles Shi*side is delusional if he believes that London asking prices will rise next year. He's predicting a relatively flat year! These clowns should be fined if their predictions are incorrect. I don't understand his supply argument either. It looks to me like there's an ample housing supply and terrible demand. How can anyone be optimistic at this pivotal point? VAT and interest rate rises will cause more unemployment and snuff out all demand. Where is growth going to come from? We've had artificial growth from house prices and the public sector. There's nothing left!!!!

Was speaking to a work colleague the other day - who told me how at least 2 mortgage brokers [one was Bradford & Bingley] asked him HOW MUCH HE WANTED TO SPEND ON A PROPERTY - and filled out the application form & "income" accordingly.....

IT WAS ENDEMIC. IS IT STILL? I reckon it is still going on in one form or another........

I know it is still going on. From someone I know who is planning to buy with one. I will say no more. :ph34r:

I don't think you even require an income if you want to buy it to rent it out. :huh:

It really is scary, we are not only talking about bankster lies here..truth is that it is peoples lives that are being destroyed through bankster manipulation.

Sounds like interest rates must remain shot down otherwise we are FUBAR, or at least the over leveraged are.

Most of these people should have had a margin call years ago and then been shown the door - the door of their own house as they were told to sling their hook.

I wonder who is going to save these poor souls Mr Taxpayer?

Yep, the overleveraged have to be saved at all costs otherwise we probably have a banking collapse. However no attempt has been made to address this issue meaning someone is going to have to eat 5h1t, which will probably be the good old taxpayer seeing as they seem to be in bed with the politicians.

I know it is still going on. From someone I know who is planning to buy with one. I will say no more. :ph34r:

Oh, go on, be a sport! What broker is it through? What 'evidence of income' exactly do they have to produce to get a loan like this nowadays?

I don't think you even require an income if you want to buy it to rent it out. :huh:

The crucial difference now, though, is the deposit required - unless you want to pay punitive IRs, the best rates are 75% LTV and lower.

The banks know prices are headed south and are covering their @rses - just as they were happy to splash it about at 100% LTV when 'we' all believed prices could only ever go up... <_<

The crucial difference now, though, is the deposit required - unless you want to pay punitive IRs, the best rates are 75% LTV and lower.

The banks know prices are headed south and are covering their @rses - just as they were happy to splash it about at 100% LTV when 'we' all believed prices could only ever go up... <_<

Aren't there still some t*rds out there offering 95% LTV?

:rolleyes:

Heads stuck in sand/up their ar$es....

Well obviously there's only one thing for it: raise rates and bail-out households that cannot keep up with their payments. Don't want them losing their homes do we?

How is not bailing them out different to walking away from people who kept money in Icesave and were then bailed out by the government? Both made bad decisions. Both could suffer because of those decisions. Both can be saved by government action.

It always did amaze me to see people take delight in paying squillions for a shoebox and thinking they were rich. oh well....

Surely there must be a better solution than to allow those wretched houses to fall in price?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=77644&st=75"123:

"Nominal house prices must never fall. To prevent this, competent governments and financial authorities should take any measures, including the destruction of industry, pensions, and all personal savings."

...Sorry, but if people are in arrears now, they couldn't have afforded the property in the first place...this is before any high unemployment and with an ultra low base rate.....how much better they would have been if houses had stayed within reasonable income levels ie 2.5 x first and 1x second salary.

All this HPI (house price inflation) helps only those that own more than one and bought it for investment purposes :P not as a place to live....happy days. ;)

Members of Parliament perhaps?