House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

Euromillions Overly Complicated

I nearly chucked £7.40 in the bin until I entered the numbers in the website results checker.

How many tickets get thrown away? How many players don't have internet to check properly?

Camelot can't lose!

---

I nearly chucked £7.40 in the bin until I entered the numbers in the website results checker.

How many tickets get thrown away? How many players don't have internet to check properly?

Camelot can't lose!

---

I wonder what happens to the unclaimed prizes, doesn't the normal lotto unclaimed money go to good causes?

I just remember that if you get at least any 3 numbers on the euro you win something.

I am sure loads of them end up in the bin though.

I wonder what happens to the unclaimed prizes, doesn't the normal lotto unclaimed money go to good causes?

I just remember that if you get at least any 3 numbers on the euro you win something.

Yes, but unlike the UK Lottery, where you have to get 3 of the 6 main numbers drawn, the combination of the 'star' (bonus) numbers is included in this "any 3 wins." I agree that many people have won without realising it. Last Fri: 1 + 2 stars - £6.90, 2 + 1 star, £7.40.

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/euromillions/results/prizeBreakdown.ftl

Camelot can't lose!

---

All sorts going on wasn't there? Line after line of numbers, Eiffel Towers spinning around, raffle tickets popping up, it was a total number spunkout!

A subject close to my heart :( . Pre internet I was on to this with a little invention... there were hundreds of millions that went unclaimed (it was £600m back then), mostly tenners, but occasionally big wins and Jackpots go begging. People get number blind, don't check properly, lose tickets.

The unclaimed prices after after six months go into the pot for the good causes.

I always check the numbers myself.

However, as a belts and braces measure, when I am buying my next lot I get the vendor to run the previous week's tickets through the machine to be auto-checked.

I have had a couple of £10 wins this way (ref number blindness).