House Price Crash Forum

Need To Get To Sleep Tonight!

pl1

HOLA441

Okay another holiday promising I wouldn't do it and I have. Had a lay-in the first morning of the holiday so I got up later the next day, this meant I couldn't sleep that evening and gradually I have been getting up later and later and going to bed later and later the past week. I really need to be up tomorrow but I won't be tired until well into early tomorrow morning. I just need something that will knock me out for one night so I can "resynch". The best idea I can come up with is warm milk and nytol. I've got alcohol in but I read this would just knock me out for a couple of hours. Any ideas? Thanks,

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I could cold turkey it and just get up at 8am tomorrow even if I have only a few hours sleep tonight. A hard reset so to speak. I have done this a couple of times before, worked once (other time I lasted until about 5pm before konking) but was really tough.

HOLA446

Okay another holiday promising I wouldn't do it and I have. Had a lay-in the first morning of the holiday so I got up later the next day, this meant I couldn't sleep that evening and gradually I have been getting up later and later and going to bed later and later the past week. I really need to be up tomorrow but I won't be tired until well into early tomorrow morning. I just need something that will knock me out for one night so I can "resynch". The best idea I can come up with is warm milk and nytol. I've got alcohol in but I read this would just knock me out for a couple of hours. Any ideas? Thanks,

Go and do some serious high intensity exercise. This will knock you out. 100%. Guaranteed.

Long as you push it hard enough.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Melatonin tablets if you have any.

I've heard of that. I've just found some Valerina tablets (valerina extract, hops and lemon balm) I think I will pop a couple of those with some warm milk in a while do the relax excercise above and see what happens.

HOLA4410

too late now, but for future

Take one decent sized lettuce

Blend in a blender until a sickly green liquid

Drink (probably best in one go)

Sleep

The Beatrix Potter story has an element of truth in it

Lettuce contains small amounts of lactucin, an opiate like substance, but only small amounts hence the need for a whole lettuce. Cultivated lettuce is also not as good a source as wild lettuce. I think the Egyptians used it IIRC.

HOLA4411

I've heard of that. I've just found some Valerina tablets (valerina extract, hops and lemon balm) I think I will pop a couple of those with some warm milk in a while do the relax excercise above and see what happens.

Actifed tablets available OTC are rather good. Tell the Pharmacist they are for your sinuses ;)

BTW - make sure you don't get the caffiene filled non drowsy version.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

You can't sleep unless you're tired. It doesn't matter what time you got up or what you time you go to bed. So make yourself tired. Work out as someone suggested, go for a long walk, clean the house top to bottom, work the garden etc etc.

There's nothing worse than trying to sleep when you're not genuinely tired.

Archived