House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Miyagi

Celebrity Siberian Gulag

Following on from blobloblob thread (perhaps in a little less taste), which celebrity would you all like to see do a stretch at the hands of the infamous post war Soviets.

The rules are simple:

1. No Royals

2. No Politicians

3. No Kristy Allsopp or Phil

I'll kick off with the celebrity couple that is the vacuous Katy Perry and her twunt side kick Russel Brand. An obvious choice perhaps, but well deserving of a bit of hard labour.

katy-perry-and-russell-brand-sifr-image-1-461570675.jpg

The rules are simple:

1. No Royals

2. No Politicians

3. No Kristy Allsopp or Phil

If it's not a silly question, why are the most deserving (2) ruled ineligible?

I suppose the answer is that they are not famous for being famous.

We need to revert to having:

Actors, presenters and rich people who are vain

Celeb needs killing off as a concept.

The huge number of magazines and tv shows and newspaper stories that fuel it say it'll not end for a long time

So my answer is all of them

They are not celebrities.

We need to revert to having:

Actors, presenters and rich people who are vain

Celeb needs killing off as a concept.

The huge number of magazines and tv shows and newspaper stories that fuel it say it'll not end for a long time

So my answer is all of them

The thread is open, perhaps you should amend the rules, but not for rule 1 and 2?

Because it is taken as a given that almost all of them will be sent there in the first trucks.

The thread is open, perhaps you should amend the rules, but not for rule 1 and 2?

Well, since you are talking Gulags, you should remember that there was no discernible line between celebs and political prisoners in Russia.

Your category 1 is Royals. Now, Stalin was opposed to any aristocrat politically, even though pretty Anastasias were celeb socialites. They didn't have too many rock stars then.

Celebs in Russia were regularly sent to the Gulags, when they became a bit more popular than Stalin would like - and often more popular than himself. Classic cases being of women like Lidia Ruslanova, who sang the folk song that launched a thousand Katyusha rockets. So, celebs but . . . political.

And you have a mixture of Gulag potential in people like Anna Akhmatova, who was at the same time aristocrat (Royal) and dissident (political) and celeb of literary circles. Stalin sent just about everyone near and dear to her to the Gulag.

Don't want to rubbish your thread, but I think the Gulag classification thing doesn't stack up, from any historical perspective.

Well, since you are talking Gulags, you should remember that there was no discernible line between celebs and political prisoners in Russia.

Your category 1 is Royals. Now, Stalin was opposed to any aristocrat politically, even though pretty Anastasias were celeb socialites. They didn't have too many rock stars then.

Celebs in Russia were regularly sent to the Gulags, when they became a bit more popular than Stalin would like - and often more popular than himself. Classic cases being of women like Lidia Ruslanova, who sang the folk song that launched a thousand Katyusha rockets. So, celebs but . . . political.

And you have a mixture of Gulag potential in people like Anna Akhmatova, who was at the same time aristocrat (Royal) and dissident (political) and celeb of literary circles. Stalin sent just about everyone near and dear to her to the Gulag.

Don't want to rubbish your thread, but I think the Gulag classification thing doesn't stack up, from any historical perspective.

Me thinks Mr Miyagi is pitching an idea for ITV1, not BBC4. Who would YOU send to the gulag, not Stalin. Unless you're Stalin...

I'd pick Realistbear and General Congreve to go. RB because he has always annoyed me and CG for grabbing the wheel of threads and ploughing us head first in to the "gold" ditch. He's not a ramper, of course, as he's not trying to sell the stuff :rolleyes: