House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ken_ichikawa

Vile Cop Sacked!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1341354/Sergeant-CCTV-attack-woman-sacked-force.html

Apologies for the link to the DM but the thug cop who mistreated a prisoner got convicted then was freed by a buttered up judge has been sacked!

My my this government is really strange! The Anti ID card act went in yesterday, and thug cops are getting sacked!

I'm amazed that more custody Sergeants don't batter prisoners. Custody units full of idiots and drunks is a very stressful environment. Try it on a Friday night, it's really bad.

I'm amazed that more custody Sergeants don't batter prisoners. Custody units full of idiots and drunks is a very stressful environment. Try it on a Friday night, it's really bad.

If idiots and drunks wind you up then perhaps the police is not the best of jobs to hold..

Merry christmas to all

My wife works on the admissions ward and in a&e in a large hospital. They also get idiots and drunks on a friday night. Generally they manage to resist the temptation to beat the cr@p out of them though, but if they did they would be fired post haste.

They do get physically abused though don't they in A &E, self defence is exactly that and (as far as I'm aware) is allowed no matter where you are employed.

It's not self-defence when a 37-year-old man does this to a 59-year-old woman who weighs half as much as he does.

article-1341354-0B136E93000005DC-588_634x471.jpg

They do get physically abused though don't they in A &E, self defence is exactly that and (as far as I'm aware) is allowed no matter where you are employed.

Self defence has nothing to do with employment - unless I have missed something.

No, Delroy got the winning ticket, that won't happen ever. ;)

Add Ian Tomlinson, Blair Peach, de Menezes to the list (they are the high profile ones). I'm just glad that the police are here to protect us :(

I'd certainly agree with the first one and even the second one (from what little I know of it), as to the third one, the jury is out for me as other issues surround it and perhaps national security in this case does have its place. I know liberals don't believe there is such a thing as national security or even national interest but there is.

Regarding Delroy, he did what he felt was right and he defended it in court and was found to have behaved within the bounds of the book.

Although it's perhaps more interesting to see the woman who got the smack around the legs got £25k for her story from the newspapers.

Surely if she'd really been interested in justice, she'd have donated the cash to a charitable cause and have turned up to the court?

Edit: Typo.

As I recall, she was a bit of a hooray playing the lower-class chav for the day. She was out to cause trouble; if you stand in front of someone and hurl abuse at them then you have to accept a slap like a proper chav and it was hardly a full-on pounding he gave her.

Edit; my 5,000th post :-) --- Perhaps I should consider getting a life???

On the face of it, we'd all agree I suspect, but faced with hours and hours and days and days which eventually run into years and years of constant abuse, it's no wonder this sort of thing doesn't happen more regularly I'd argue.

Perhaps CCTV in Police stations has helped?

But the police only work 3 days in every 8 throughout the year on operational duties. The average police station has very little contact with the public for 5 days out of 7. The average custody officer would have 3 similiar cases a week to deal with. Hardly constant abuse. Any lack of self control by an officer should result in summary dismissal. This should apply in every public service . We need to raise standards not reduce them.

CCC, I don't think it has, I was just widening the debate to include those who work in A & E whom surely shouldn't have to put up with physical violence at work just because they may feel they'll lose they employment because of steps they carried out (to defend themselves).

The original poster stated verbal abuse, I'm just widening it, as apparently A & E staff do get attacked regularly not only throughout the festive season.

I am sure they do - scum tend to injure themselves more than the average person.

I think anyone in these situations should be allowed to defend themselves physically if required.

But the police only work 3 days in every 8 throughout the year on operational duties. The average police station has very little contact with the public for 5 days out of 7. The average custody officer would have 3 similiar cases a week to deal with. Hardly constant abuse. Any lack of self control by an officer should result in summary dismissal. This should apply in every public service . We need to raise standards not reduce them.

I wholeheartedly agree. I was a Special Constable on the Isle of Wight for 7 years. I remember one incident which involved a probationer. He was off duty and drunk and was flashing his warrent card in the faces of the local chavs, in a moment of power craze. This caused him to be punched and kicked to the ground. This is when we arrived. He then started to run off after a few of them so we had no choice to follow him in case he got another beating. I caught up with him and he demanded my radio to call for help! He continued to show his warrent card in the faces of the chavs rather aggressively and unnecessarily.

I just wish that I could go back and arrest 'him' for drunk and disorderly and hence got him the sack. It was highly embarrassing to everyone involved, and put a few officers in a sicky situation including his inspector at his home station, which was Shanklin Police Station on the Isle of Wight, the officers initials is RT and he is still serving. I have spoken to a few officers who don't have anything positive to say about him.

This pinacle moment caused me to lose faith in the policing recrutment system. Now i'm a bit wiser I wish I made more of the incident at the time and allowed someone 'sensible' to join in his place. Standards do desperately need to be raised to avoid more embaressing moments we are seeing more and more of.

Typically an average station say of 20 officers would undoubtitly have several on absence, several on attachements, several on training, several on sick, several on non deployment due to a build up of paperwork, generally speaking for every 20 officers only 5 are on active available duty.

You've (A) either been drinking or (B), are so unintelligent as to even attempt to link the picture with a comment about how those in A & E get attacked each year surely being allowed to defend themselves without fear of being sacked.

But that is not the topic under discussion, and your comparison is therefore erroneous. In any event, A&E staff *are* allowed to defend themselves, and there is also a very visible security presence in A&E who are also allowed to defend nursing staff, doctors etc.

As I recall, she was a bit of a hooray playing the lower-class chav for the day. She was out to cause trouble; if you stand in front of someone and hurl abuse at them then you have to accept a slap like a proper chav and it was hardly a full-on pounding he gave her.

Edit; my 5,000th post :-) --- Perhaps I should consider getting a life???

The police are allowed to police with our consent and that does not include assaulting us. If I slap someone, I would get charged for assault and rightly so.

I ain't a piggy winkle, but people I know are and you can use force if you consider it deemed necessary (apparently), more knowledgeable posters will help you out.

"Depends on their assessment of the situation".....which still might be illegal or not. I was just picking you up on this.

A friend of mine just received a payment for getting his head cracked open/hospitalised by The GMP(Greater Manchester Police) so, I am pretty sure in saying that "assement" does not really come into it.

Speak with Delroy, or, better still, go do the research yourself, as to why he clouted a woman in front of many cameras and reporters and got off with it or perhaps as you might rewrite; "Got away with it". ;)

Here, I'll even help you out, it must be Christmas:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8597217.stm

Edit: Helpful link added.

Thanks for your input. It must be day release at the asylum.....keeping on taking the pills!

The police are allowed to police with our consent and that does not include assaulting us. If I slap someone, I would get charged for assault and rightly so.

Doesn't really undermine my point though. She intentionally went out to hurl abuse at someone in an attempt to wind them up and during a situation which was already antagonistic and troublesome in its own right. She has to accept that one day someone will react in the manner she's provoking and cannot complain too much if they do. She's ended up with £25K for essentially acting like a chav.

Okay, he shouldn't have done it and was trained not to. However, cops are human and therefore not perfect and his actual reaction was right down at the very bottom in magnitude of what he could have done.

Yes, the police do their job by consent and, I for one, don't have too many problems with the odd chav getting a relatively light slap now and again if they are causing trouble. Lots of people will say that the police have to be above reproach yet many of them will turn right round and start whining that they aren't allowed to give a kid a clip round the ear any more.

Is that right?

It has to be because if a police oficer is not allowed to assess the situation before he decides what action to take then we could not operate a police force.

I ain't a piggy winkle, but people I know are and you can use force if you consider it deemed necessary (apparently), more knowledgeable posters will help you out.

You can use force in a great deal of situations; where there is serious risk to life or of serious injury; where property is being damaged; in order to stop or prevent a breach of the peace or a crime. The force used has to be proportunate to the situation so you probably couldn't shoot someone to stop them damaging property but you probably could if they were trying to kill you or someone else.

A police officer has no more authority to use force than anyone else other than in the situations where he is allowed to arrest people without warrant whereas other people aren't. In all instances where force is used police officers are still bound by the principle that the force they employ must meet the test of what is proportunate in the situation. The test of proportionality is whether the same objective could reasonably have been achieved by using less severe means. That's as I rmember it anyway.