House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dubsie

Influenza

Been off work with a dose of swine flu, feel terrible still and will do for another 7 days.

Been told by my doctor that the government has purposely restricted gps ability to issue anti virals and innocculations. As a result nearly all our hospital wards allocated for flu complications are full and it's getting worse. He said it's going to cost more because of the lack of planning and the subsequent pressure on emergency care.

While the last labour government over reacted, this new shamble coalition appears complacent.

Been off work with a dose of swine flu, feel terrible still and will do for another 7 days.

Been told by my doctor that the government has purposely restricted gps ability to issue anti virals and innocculations. As a result nearly all our hospital wards allocated for flu complications are full and it's getting worse. He said it's going to cost more because of the lack of planning and the subsequent pressure on emergency care.

While the last labour government over reacted, this new shamble coalition appears complacent.

tee hee

i knew before i'd clicked this thread you'd be moaning about the government

and i was right

BTW - get better soon :)

I think a lot of people are losing confidence in the governments ability to handle crisis. They just seem to expect everything to sort it's self out.

A classic being the plan to leave the UK without sea to land attack aircraft. What happens if the falklands kick off or even worse korea goes ugly.

What happens if this flu epidemic goes ugly and there's not enough drugs, the UK would go bust within a month.

We slagged poor old Gordon off but his cobra meetings did actually do the job.

I think a lot of people are losing confidence in the governments ability to handle crisis. They just seem to expect everything to sort it's self out.

A classic being the plan to leave the UK without sea to land attack aircraft. What happens if the falklands kick off or even worse korea goes ugly.

What happens if this flu epidemic goes ugly and there's not enough drugs, the UK would go bust within a month.

We slagged poor old Gordon off but his cobra meetings did actually do the job.

Errrr.... I am pretty sure they still continue....:rolleyes:

I have Man Flu and that's the worst type ;)

Believe me you don't want this, it's like breathing through a straw. A headache from hell, coughing till you puke, temp of 39, no sleep, no food and night long fevers.

What a christmas I'm having

Errrr.... I am pretty sure they still continue....:rolleyes:

yeah but cameron sits there with his ear plugs firmly in listening to the smiths on full blast.

In USA, according to public service ads on Bllomberg Radio, they're urging everyone to get vaccinated against H1N1. And that's the country where there's a lot of opposition to public healthcare. Here, where we have that, they might be trying to ration vaccination.

This is a chance for the Lib Dems to hold the Tories to account - to make them provide whatever credible measures might be necessary to protect the population from swine flu. If Cameron Osborne trashes what the last government did in building up stocks of vaccine, it would be criminal. If the Lib Dems acquiesce an further Tory scorched-earth policies, that would be unforgivable.