House Price Crash Forum

Hole In Amazon Parcel

adamLancs

HOLA441

Just received a delivery today from Amazon, cardboard box with a fist-sized hole in the side of it.

Nothing missing but the delivery guy was clearly skittish when questioned why it had a big hole in it, played it down and couldn't wait to get away. Am I being paranoid? I have ordered many things from Amazon in the past and this has never happened. Two days before Christmas, I am mightily suspicious.

I have contacted Amazon who offered to replace it. I don't want to replace it, I want to know why there is a big hole in the side of it. They didn't get it.

Anyone else seen this happen?

HOLA442

Just received a delivery today from Amazon, cardboard box with a fist-sized hole in the side of it.

Nothing missing but the delivery guy was clearly skittish when questioned why it had a big hole in it, played it down and couldn't wait to get away. Am I being paranoid? I have ordered many things from Amazon in the past and this has never happened. Two days before Christmas, I am mightily suspicious.

I have contacted Amazon who offered to replace it. I don't want to replace it, I want to know why there is a big hole in the side of it. They didn't get it.

geezers at the sorting office looking for presents, but clearly your purchase wasn't to their taste!

Merry christmas!

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Yes, I had exactly the same thing. Courier delivery... all very suspicious. The item was too big to extract from a hole in the box, if that was their intention.

This Xmas has made me reevaluate my normal practice of ordering most presents online. I ordered the bulk on 5th Dec, and only got delivery today. I was planning an emergency trip to the shops tomorrow if it hadn't turned up. The trouble is, of course, everything is significantly more expensive in the shops.

HOLA449

I ordered a DVD from Amazon on 5th December, expected delivery date 10th. They've offered a refund but it was a Xmas present for my mother. Oh Dear.

Ordered a book too with an estimated delivery date of 17th Dec. They must be at the 'bottom of the sack' metaphorically by now, or at the back of the wharehouse.

HOLA4410

I found Amazon to be excellent with sorting out problems.

One courier this month was delivering two expensive books, and when I checked delivery online it said "signed for:back of house" which I took to read he left them at the back of the house, not that my house actually signed for them. Odd as I was in all day. Anyway, looked around and no sign at all, not surprising as I don't have a back of the house, it's a 15 foot drop. Maybe the courier is still down there.

Anyway Amazon rushed out a replacement, this time via Royal Mail.

Then I had some software that was clearly opened and used, probably used the licence key and somone returned it! Cheeky sods, and again Amazon replaced. Though DHL have yet to arrange to pick up the return, seems they aren't even responding to their online system. Incredibly poor service to offer a pick up date and then not arrive nor even call (and it's one week later).

In summary, Amazon ace, Royal Mail ace, Couriers suck.

HOLA4411

Yes mine was a courier delivery by City-link. The items were too big to take out of such a hole also.

Just to note that Amazon have mostly always been very good service for me personally. I was just surprised at their complete lack of concern for this matter. I am going to avoid ordering from them so close to Christmas and refuse any packages which appear tampered with from now on.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

obviously there was nothing of value for the posty in there.

Dont give posty a tip, he has stolen more than he is worth already.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

When I was importing, I often had to go to depots to retrieve parcels. They were not exactly treated with kid gloves. These damages are far more likely to be about poor care, chucking stuff about, treading over piles of parcels, leaving them outside on a trolley or by the open door of a van when heavy rain/snow rather than stealing.

HOLA4418

Shocking. Is not the customer always right?

I can understand that a person might be frustrated if they take customer's calls all day. It's not an easy job as not all people have manners. I always make sure I am polite and respectful of the person at the other end of the phone. I remember their name as they introduced themself, thank them for their help and in this instance wished them a happy Christmas. I can't see how I'm being retarded though, nor anyone else in this thread.

HOLA4419

When I was importing, I often had to go to depots to retrieve parcels. They were not exactly treated with kid gloves. These damages are far more likely to be about poor care, chucking stuff about, treading over piles of parcels, leaving them outside on a trolley or by the open door of a van when heavy rain/snow rather than stealing.

There is a problem with pilfering with the casual staff both Royal Mail and Couriers take on at Xmas. Still, as you say, most likely something like a forklift prong.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

At least you got yours. My daughter's still waiting for her boyfriend's present, ordered from amazon over 2 weeks ago. :(

We now think it must have been nicked (fairly expensive boys' -toy sport gadget) She tried to buy another yesterday, couldn't find one anywhere.

Though to be fair we've never had anything else nicked en route from amazon.

Archived