House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RDW

Tarmac Building Products To Cut 550 Jobs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12063333

West Midlands-based firm Tarmac Building Products Ltd is to cut 550 jobs and close one of its divisions due to "tough market conditions".

The firm, which is based in Wolverhampton, said it planned to close its precast solutions and flooring arm.

It said 217 jobs would be lost in Tallington, Lincolnshire and 106 in Henlade, Somerset.

The remainder are to go in Derby, Lound in Nottinghamshire and Dolyhir in Powys, Wales.

A company spokesman said it was consulting with staff and unions over the plans to cut 500 full-time staff and 50 agency employees.

I can't see that being good for Aggregate Demand, Boom Boom !

But Seriously I know the area of Dolyhir (Near Kington) quite well and these kind of jobs will be hard to replace in such a remote rural area.

precast solutions
'Solutions' as in a liquid solution that sets to become concrete or as in 'we're the solution to your precast concrete problems'? :lol:

The use of 'solutions' as a branding buzz-word is ugly! I need to go into town in a minute to obtain some 'gifting solutions', last minute, like!

The use of 'solutions' as a branding buzz-word is ugly! I need to go into town in a minute to obtain some 'gifting solutions', last minute, like!

I think the worst example I have seen is "Flexible liquid transfer solutions" when what they actually meant was "hosepipes".

I think the worst example I have seen is "Flexible liquid transfer solutions" when what they actually meant was "hosepipes".

Don't you mean retractable aquatic conduits?