House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Smell the Fear

Foxtons' Agent Responsible For Property Crash

Not sure if this has been posted yet today. A metaphor for the market perhaps?

From the Evening Standard:

"A Man today told how he woke in the middle of the night to find an estate agent's car had crashed into his £1m home, causing tens of thousands of pounds worth of damage.

The car, thought to have been driven by a new recruit for Foxton's agency, had veered out of control and become embedded in the facade of the Notting Hill property.

Hugh Mayes, 32, said he heard an "almighty bang" at 11.40pm last night and looked outside, only to find the distinctive green and yellow Mini had demolished his railings and bay window. Mr Mayes, who lives in the £1000-a-week rented home with his wife and children, said: "I'm just so gutted. It was obviously someone who has had too much to drink and has caused a huge amount of damage."

A man who heard the crash while in a nearby pub said "I walked around the corner. The driver was staggering down to the road and he seemed to be very the worse for wear. Somebody phoned the police and they came down and arrested him. The damage was just incredible."

Not sure if this has been posted yet today. A metaphor for the market perhaps?

From the Evening Standard:

"A Man today told how he woke in the middle of the night to find an estate agent's car had crashed into his £1m home, causing tens of thousands of pounds worth of damage.

The car, thought to have been driven by a new recruit for Foxton's agency, had veered out of control and become embedded in the facade of the Notting Hill property.

Hugh Mayes, 32, said he heard an "almighty bang" at 11.40pm last night and looked outside, only to find the distinctive green and yellow Mini had demolished his railings and bay window. Mr Mayes, who lives in the £1000-a-week rented home with his wife and children, said: "I'm just so gutted. It was obviously someone who has had too much to drink and has caused a huge amount of damage."

A man who heard the crash while in a nearby pub said "I walked around the corner. The driver was staggering down to the road and he seemed to be very the worse for wear. Somebody phoned the police and they came down and arrested him. The damage was just incredible."

Well spotted Smell.

This is the problem with this booming market - EAs are probably out celebrating every night.

Would have thought they'd have money for a cab though.

/G

his £1m home, ...............

who lives in the £1000-a-week rented home with his wife and children,

I make that a gross yield of 5.2%. What with voids, etc its better putting their cash in the halifax.

Nice of Foxtons to highlight this!