House Price Crash Forum
fru-gal

What Will Happen To London Suburb Property Prices In The Future

What do people think will happen to London property prices (suburbs etc) in the future?

Prices will go from Mayfair pricing levels to Manchester suburb levels.

Prices will go from Mayfair pricing levels to Manchester suburb levels.

+ 1

I think in cheaper areas they are already "en-route". I was checking Enfield on RightMove a few weeks back, and it is becoming cheap there.

Edited by Tired of Waiting

What do people think will happen to London property prices (suburbs etc) in the future?

They will fall quite sharply over the next few years in real terms, that much is guaranteed.

Nominal price falls may be much less, however.

+ 1

I think in cheaper areas they are already "en-route". I was checking Enfield on RightMove a few weeks back, and it is becoming cheap there.

Depends where in Enfield really. Anywhere on the Western side (Hertford Road area) resembles a cruddier version of Iraq and I'm amazed any person could ever want to live there.

Depends where in Enfield really. Anywhere on the Western side (Hertford Road area) resembles a cruddier version of Iraq and I'm amazed any person could ever want to live there.

East side get it right. Also I agree its shite. I'm up for this suburban discussion but lets get the facts right .....

Enfield/Edmonton is a vile dump. Enfield/barnet is very affluent and will remain so. As someone living in barnet I'm hoping for big falls. But 10% is probably the best I can expect

Enfield/Edmonton is a vile dump. Enfield/barnet is very affluent and will remain so. As someone living in barnet I'm hoping for big falls. But 10% is probably the best I can expect

S o if you weren't living in Barnet you wouldn't be looking at big falls ? The vile dumps must be looking at massive falls. then? Explain why enfield/barnet is affluent and why it will stay affluent and we might be getting somewhere regarding HPC

S o if you weren't living in Barnet you wouldn't be looking at big falls ?

Correct

The vile dumps must be looking at massive falls. then?

In relative terms correct

Explain why enfield/barnet is affluent and why it will stay affluent and we might be getting somewhere regarding HPC

Good schools, lots of nice parks, low crime rate, good transport links, lots of "baby boomer" home owners with high levels of equity in property, Tory council. Basically people will continue to pay a premium to live there.

S o if you weren't living in Barnet you wouldn't be looking at big falls ? The vile dumps must be looking at massive falls. then? Explain why enfield/barnet is affluent and why it will stay affluent and we might be getting somewhere regarding HPC

its twinned with maidstone

S o if you weren't living in Barnet you wouldn't be looking at big falls ?

Correct

The vile dumps must be looking at massive falls. then?

In relative terms correct

Explain why enfield/barnet is affluent and why it will stay affluent and we might be getting somewhere regarding HPC

Good schools, lots of nice parks, low crime rate, good transport links, lots of "baby boomer" home owners with high levels of equity in property, Tory council. Basically people will continue to pay a premium to live there.

So crash proof? Owners are outside of the day to day economy ? Criminals can't get there from Haringay? Boomers don't die?

So crash proof? Owners are outside of the day to day economy ? Criminals can't get there from Haringay? Boomers don't die?

Much of London suburbs are pretty depressing. Many wouldn't pay tuppence ha'penny to live there.

So crash proof?

Not at all. My original post said 10% falls, we have our share of over extended muppets. Just in relative terms we will fall less than other less desirable areas. I wish it was different and hope I am wrong!

Much of London suburbs are pretty depressing. Many wouldn't pay tuppence ha'penny to live there.

Obviously enfield/barnet is the exception. All London suburbs are not the same. Barking is close to Olympic village and the city everyone loves it,not.

Most couldn't afford to even if they wanted to Eric. Personally it works for me - easy commute into the City for work, close enough to enjoy central London without most of the inner city problems, Hertfordshire countryside 10min drive away. Each to their own though

So crash proof?

Not at all. My original post said 10% falls, we have our share of over extended muppets. Just in relative terms we will fall less than other less desirable areas. I wish it was different and hope I am wrong!

10% over what period? Is 10% a crash? A re-alighment? What if good schools become academies and go for a selection process? End of catchment areas?

No siblings? Extended muppets - where will they go , Edmonton? Edmonton gets extra funding , kids do well.......